Part 65

Niall dashes out the door, hearing angry and concern protests calling him back in. He opens the backstage door and starts running. He has never seen the hallway so quiet, so empty. He's worried that someone might see him for a moment before remembering the security will stop them going out.
He lets out a tired breath after two minutes of running before stopping, seeing Lexi standing in front of the merchandise booth. She turns to him and stops in her track.
"Uhm," She gulps. "I was just waiting for someone to come and attend the booth. Nobody's coming."
He chews his lip, wiping his sweaty palms on his jeans before walking behind the booth. "What can I help you with today, maam?"
She lets out a chuckle and looks up at the merch display. She hums, "I was thinking of getting the cream hoodie, that looks really comfortable."
"As someone who has worn them before, you're not wrong."
She lets out a soft laugh. "Yeah, but I like the tour shirt too. It looks really nice."
He nods. "I bet it'll look even better on you."
She gives him a soft smile. "So which one do you think I should get?"
He shrugs. "Get both."
She lets out a scoff still smiling. "Okay," she smiles. "I will."
He reaches down the table to get the two clothing.
"Uhm," She fiddles with her purse. "How much?"
He shakes his head. "It's a gift from the top man." He winks.
"Huh," She thinks. "In that case, can I also have the tote bag and the hat?"
He lets out a laugh. "You're really good at taking advantage of the moment, aren't you?" He asks taking out the tote back, tucking the two tops in and shoving a hat in.
"I'm kidding. The hat looks hideous-"
"Hey!"
The two laughs softly.
Lexi looks to her feet nervously.
"Well, bye then." She says clumsily taking her things.
"Where are you going?" Niall quickly walks around the booth to catch up to her.
"Home."
"The show's not over."
"I've seen enough."
Niall stops her by walking in front of her. "Stay."
She sighs.
"Please? Stay. Then we can talk."
"Niall-"
"I'm not going back in there unless you come with me-"
"Niall!"
"People are waiting for me to go back on stage in there-"
"Jesus," She laughs coldly, rolling her eyes at his attempt to make her stay. "Okay, fine."