Part 64

Slow guitar strums float across the arena.
"I let you fly, I gave you space. So you can grow, to whatever it is you want."
She breaks eye contact, grabbing onto Jackson's hand for support.
He knows that Niall's watching them, but he also knows his best friend is nervous, so he drops the wingman act and lets her.
"I let you cry, I was your safe haven. I wouldve died for you. I didnt think you'd be the one to kill me."
'It's not for me.' Lexi repeats those words in her mind over and over again.
"We were so young, trying to find ourselves. You promised me, you'd hold my hand while I find my way. Honeymoon phase, oh how they fade. We tried to hard to keep a grip, the growing pain eventually sinks in."
She chews on her lower lip, playing on the string of her hoodie, her chipped nails suddely look so distracting. Jackson opens his arm to let her fall onto him more.
"Oh, baby we were meant to be. But somewhere in the road, we got lost. I found myself, in the chaos of life. I should've know you were the luck that was cashed."
Niall keeps eye contact with her the whole time, even though she hides behind her boyfriend most of the time.
Does she know? How much he regretted how they ended. How lonely life was when she's not in it.
"Oh maybe we were so close to be, the dream that we made, under the stars, a place only we know. Or baby we were meant to be, but just not for forever."
By then, the whole song is a blur to her. She knows how much he loves her, and she loves him too, even after all this time.
But that's just it, it has been all that time. She's different now, he might be different too. They're reminiscing on old time. That time they were both in LA, two naive kids in love. And now?
When the song ends, she briefly turns up to Niall, him already looking down at her. She turns to Jackson shaking her head.
"You stay." She says fishing out a backstage passes and putting it in his pocket. "I'm leaving." She says turning to the nearest exit.
"Lexi,"
But she has already slipped pass the people.
Niall sees her walking away just as the lights go down for intermission. He reaches down and grabs the nearest security.
"No one in or out the room."
He talks in his walkie talkie before shaking his head. "Someone had just left, sir. Young woman with a red jumper on."