Part 41

Lexi slowly walks into Niall's place. She told him that she's not going to stay long and insisted that they just speak outside. But he knows her better and if they ended up talking outside, she'll disappear again for a really long time.
"You uh," Niall starts as they walk in his place. "You want some tea? Or something else?" He asks.
She shakes her head. "I'm fi-"
"I'll get you some tea." Niall cuts her off before leaving her alone in his kitchen.
It's like as if it's her first time being inside his house. She doesn't know where to sit, what to do, how to act. Everything is familiar but foreign at the same time.
Niall walks out of the kitchen with two cups of tea in his hand, nodding at her to follow him to sit, which she did. They sit there sipping their tea quietly for a good five minutes before Lexi sighs.
"I'm not staying in L.A for long. I'm just here to pack my things and uhm, I'll be leaving for Sydney in two nights." She tells him.
He lets out a quiet 'oh' before busying himself with his drink.
"I wanted to apologize." She tells him grabbing his hand to get his attention.
He grabs her hand back in a millisecond just as she's ready to pull it back.
She gulps. "It wasn't fair." She sighs. "You know, what happened between you and Lauren that's your business. And you didn't need to tell me. I overreacted and I shouldn't have left like that." She says looking down at her hands frowning. "But it just doesn't change the fact that it bothers me." She tells him pulling her hand from him.
"I know we weren't...exclusive the night that happened-"
"Of course we were!" He cuts her off moving her chair closer to her. "We always had been-"
"Then why did you do it-"
"I was drunk! She made me drank-"
"You could've refused?" She huffs.
Both of them sighs calming themselves as they back away from each other.
"So what now?" He asks. "Is this it? For us?" He tries to keep his voice strong.
"Were we not over the day I left?"
He shakes his head. "No. Not for me." He answers.
Both of them look at each other not really knowing what to say.
"So what now?" She asks his question back. He bites his lips chuckling and shakes his head.
"I don't know."