Part 19

Lexi scribbles on her journal, trying to make her uni and shooting schedule works. She's only starting to get her extra and background roles but it's getting her somewhere. She's been talking to producers and directors she's worked with, actually more like squeeze in one sentence before they start kicking the extras out but that's good enough for now.
She hasn't seen or heard from Niall since the time she asked Lauren to kick him out. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time she saw Lauren too. She thinks that the fact that they're housemates should mean they see each other all the time but she hasn't been home lately, and she's too busy to ask.
She drags herself out of her room finally after hours and make her way to the kitchen. Not long after shuffling through leftovers in the fridge the front door is open and laughters ring through the small house.
"And we Zac scored he-"
"Wait which one is-"
"Number 28. The cute one! Anyways, he-"
The two adults stop their chats when they see the confuse figure staring at the from the kitchen.
Lexi looks at Lauren, then slowly moves her eyes to Niall standing next to her.
They both look like they're pretty good friends now, standing comfortably next to each other and bickering about what? Basketball? Since when did they become that close, that fast?
Lexi awkwardly turns back to the stove, before turning back to them realising how rude it is to not greet Niall.
Lauren looks at Lexi before turning to Niall, looking down at her shoes. Then she looks up to Lexi again. Why does she need to feel bad? As if she's stealing something? They're all friends.
She slowly holds the hem of Niall's sleeves, looking back at Lexi.
It's okay. They're all friends.