Part 27

Niall slowly opens his eyes groaning, the alcohol from last night starting to take its revenge. He turns his head to the side seeing a naked figure drapes around his body, her hair spreading on his chest as she sleeps there on top of him.
"Lexi." He mumbles moving the hair across. "Lexi, I have to go." He chuckles letting his head falls back. "Don't you have uni or whatever you're doing when you're not shooting." He grumbles trying to sit himself up, waking the woman along the way.
"It's Sunday, Niall. I don't have class." She softly laughs and his eyes fully snaps open.
He quickly sits up at the voice that he knows is not Lexi's even in his hangover pounding head, pushing her aside.
Lauren lazily lifts her body up, not even bothering to cover her bare chest as she gives Niall a sleepy smile.
"Oh god!" Niall quickly looks away making her laugh.
"Don't be like that. You've seen them all." Lauren chuckles shoving him playfully but he's not in the mood for games. "You seemed to enjoy rubbing your hands all over them last ni-"
"Stop!" Niall quickly jumps off her bed before realising that he's fully unclothed himself.
He quickly grabs the nearest pillow trying to shield himself from her, only for her to laugh louder.
"I've seen them all too." She winks.
"Did we, did I? Oh god, we-"
"Yes, we did. Is it even a question still?" She laughs tossing the blanket aside, fully showing herself to him.
"No!" He quickly say when she crawls over him, keeping his eyes on hers. "Stop! I was drunk." He warns when she doesn't stop. "I'm...Lexi-"
"Doesn't have time for you." She cuts him off putting her hand on his shoulder and another one on the pillow he's holding. "Isn't that why you always end up with me? Because I'm here." She tells him.
He looks at her whose now holding his hands. He sighs at the sight. "You're right." He nods making her smile. "You're here." He mumbles.
"And I can-"
"But that's not enough." He cuts her off.
"What-"
"Being here, that's not enough." He shakes his head making her take a step back.
"Niall-"
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry that this happened. It never would have if I wasn't drunk. And that's not an excuse, I know. All I can say is that I'm sorry, Lauren." He rambles grabbing the blanket at the floor and wraps it around her naked body.
"You are a good person. You deserve someone who doesn't see you as a second choice." He says.
Lauren's eyes starts to glass. She knows that she's always the second choice but she's not prepared to hear it.
"Niall-"
"I admit it, I enjoyed it. I love spending time with you and I, fuck, I had a great time last night-"
"Then stay-"
"I can't. And you know that. I'm seeing Lexi and the fact that I said I enjoyed it should already be a red flag for you-"
"But maybe it doesn't have to be such a bad thing." Lauren grabs both his hands, looking at him hopefully. "You both aren't even dating-"
Niall shakes his head regretfully. "I'm sorry." He says. "I'm sorry. I'm here for Lexi and you were there. I'm sorry." He groans before grabbing all his things in one swing and dashes out the door.