Part 31

Lauren lazily walks in the kitchen late at night for a snack when she hears giggling. She slows her footsteps down peering in the kitchen behind the wall seeing Lexi sitting on the table with her phone in one hand and orange juice in the other hand, chuckling to herself not even realizing she's watching her.
Lauren finally shows herself in front Lexi earning her attention. She gives her a quick smile before looking down at her phone again, and soon she goes back to a giggling mess.
"Niall?" Lauren asks opening the fridge.
"Yes." She grins getting down from the table, sitting herself on the chair.
"Ah," Lauren mumbles. "How is he? I haven't seen him in a while." She says sitting in front of her, a piece of yesterday's came in front of her.
"He's good. I think he's going to start his tour soon but we're making it work." She smiles, and then she's lost in her phone again.
"Shame. He's gonna miss graduation-"
"Oh no, he'll be there." Lexi corrects finally putting her phone down.
She watches Lauren in excitement as she awkwardly eats her cake.
"What?" Lauren asks when she can't take her sparkling eyes staring at her anymore.
Lexi takes a deep breath, pressing her lips tight together before pulling them in a grin. "He told me that he loves me." She smiles at her after 2 days of anticipating to tell her best friend the good news.
Lauren's fork stops clicking on her plate as she takes in the news. She stares at her half eaten cake with wide eyes before forcing out a laugh.
"Oh, wow." She says. "That's awesome." She plainly says not even looking at Lexi but Lexi is too happy to take notice Lauren's tone.
"I'm so happy for you." She says in an even irritated tone.
Lexi smiles as she rests her head on her hand. "I'm just so happy right now." She shakes her head with the brightest eyes staring up the ceiling.
Lauren tosses her fork and shoves the plate away on the counter. "I'm tired. I'm going to bed." Lauren stands not even hiding her annoyance now.
Lexi frowns. "But your cake-"
"You can have it!" And then she disappears to her room.