Part 34

Lauren and Lexi have minimum conversations after that day on the mall. Niall and Lexi also have very little conversations because Lexi is busy with helping organizing the graduation and Niall is starting his rehearsals for Flicker World Tour.
Of course they keep talking in the remaining two weeks before Lexi's graduation more than Lexi talks to Lauren. She's secretly heartbroken and can't figure out why her best friend suddenly hates her, but her busy schedule and Niall keeps her from thinking too much.
"Lexi, over here."
Lexi turns to where her mum is standing. Her face lights up at the sight, running as fast as she could to them without tripping on her toga. She hasn't seen her mum in a long time, her being in LA and her parents in Boston. She misses them a lot.
"Happy graduation." Her mum cheers when Lexi literally jumps onto her. "I missed you." Her mum smiles.
Her dad appears behind her making her squeal before bringing him in a hug too.
He laughs deeply, softly placing his hand on her hair. "My baby girl is a graduate now." He proudly beams and she does too.
"So when are you coming back to Boston? Now that you've graduate and all." Her dad asks.
Lexi stops in her track. Can't believe her dad remembers.
"Why can't I stay-"
"We promised. You can stay here after graduation for your acting career. But it's not there." Her dad reminds her.
She clutches her diploma in her hand a little tighter. Just when everything starts to feel like it's falling to place, she has to go back home.
"It's time to go home." Her mum smiles cupping her cheeks. "I'm so proud of you for graduating." Her mum beams again although Lexi's bubble is already burst.
"Where's Lauren?" Her dad asks.
Lexi's eyes flicks to the ground slightly to cover her sadness before her face lights up again. Lauren's not gonna celebrate with her.
She lets out a sigh to tell them what happen but when she lifts her head up, she sees him. "Niall!" She waves her hand in the air high grinning.
He lets out the biggest smile when he sees his baby wearing her graduation uniform and looking as beautiful as ever. He walks to her with his arms open letting her crash into his grip.
"Where were you? I didn't see you." She hums in his chest.
"I wanted to sit with your parents but I couldn't find them and you're not answering your phone." He laughs.
They both turn to her parents looking at him as amused as ever.
Lexi takes a deep breath and smiles. "Mum, dad. This is my boyfriend, Niall." She smiles looking up at the man already smiling down at her before turning back to her parents.
"Sir," Niall greets holding out his hand.
Her dad looks at Niall without any expression on his face, gripping his hand tight. Lexi clenches her hand inside her toga, carefully watching her dad.
"Pleasure."