Part 60

Lexi rips open her mail, seeing a pair of eighth row tickets and two backstage passes, one of them addressed specifically to her. She looks up to Jackson.
"I'm not going with you, just to be clear-"
"Then I'll just go alone." She says.
He hums in disagreement. "Is that a good idea, though?" He asks. "I mean you do remember that two years ago you were in a music video making out with the dude. I heard some of his fans are aggressive."
"Or you can come with me."
He takes a hesitant breath before shaking his head. "Still no."
She scoffs putting the tickets and passes back in the envelop. "On my own it is. It's gonna be dark anyways."
Her phone dings on the table and Jackson reaches to look.
"Ah," He grins turning it to her. "Speak of the devil."
She grumbles taking it from him, seeing a text from Niall.
'If this mail tracker thing is correct, you just got the new tickets.'
She sits down next to Jackson.
'I did.'
He immediately texts back. 'Great! I'll see you in a few weeks.'
She puts her phone down and frowns at Jackson.
"What?"
Lexi lets out a groan, sliding ber body across the table.
"Don't tell me you're chickening out. You already gave the guy way too much hope!"
"I know! And it's all your fault."
He stares back at her pouting face before shaking his head, breaking into a smile. "Fine. I'll go with you."
Lexi raises her hands in the air.
"Nuh uh. I'm not promising on staying the whole show. I'll stay till the intermission-"
"That lasted for like a minute."
"Enough time for me to escape if I hate it. Anyways, I'll stay till then and if you feel like leaving, we can leave." He says.
She gives him a look.
"But you have to stay at least until then." He negotiates.
"Since when did you become Niall's wingman?" She scoffs.
"I'm your wingman."
"But I don't need a-"
"I'm a voluntary one." He waves rolling his eyes. "I can't believe my cousin ditched you still." He says.
"She's a kid. She's suppose to go to concerts with friends instead of her adult co-star supervising her." She laughs. "Besides, this way she won't know that I knew him. Can you imagine the questions I'll get on the ride home."
He raises his eyebrows. "You know that you're gonna meet her backstage right?" He reminds.
She lets out a long and loud sigh, burying her face on her script.
"Alright, you're not happy about it. I know! Stop whinning, you're still going."