moody

"earth to y/n." the voice of josie brings me back to reality as i am shaken out of my thoughts.

"what?" i ask turning to face the girls.

"have you been paying attention?"

"yes," i say oblivious to the cold glare she's sending my way, "no." i admit.

"anyways," she continues making sure i'm focusing in on what she's saying, "have you thought about what you'll be wearing?" she asks eyebrows raised in question. i shrug my shoulders as an answer, as i go back to staring at the boy across the room.

"y/n!" i hear again, the snap of her fingers in my face startling me out of my seat. i get up and off the floor with the help of a few girls. laughter is heard around as my face flushes in embarrassment. i settle myself down fixing my dress ignoring the bantering of the boys.

"what?" i ask slumping down even further in my seat tired of having everyone laugh at me.

"what is going on with you?" jane asks fixing the stray hairs that fell out of my bow. i position myself to look at her seeing her smile in sympathy.

"it's nothing." i respond.

"y/n are you alright?" anne asks walking over to check up on me. she places her hand on my forehead. i'm not sick.

"are you alright?" josie asks full of concern. if she's concerned i wonder how they all are.

"i'm fine." i simply say trying to ease their worries.

"what are you looking at?" i hear diana say for the first time today. they give each other curious glances.

"more like who?" tillie adds, at this the girls are fully invested on the topic. their eyes wander over to where my eyes are set on.

"it's no one." i say taken aback by the sudden interest.

"looks like she's taking a liking to moody." jane teases nudging my side. i feel the gentle hit, swatting her arm away.

"n-no." i say defensively. a little too defensively. the girls are taken aback at my outburst.

"y/n, we know when you're lying." i hear as ruby begins to speak. she crosses her arms waiting for a response.

"i-i'm not lying." i say fiddling my thumbs, i retreat them under the desk as to not give it away.

"we've known you, for how long? five years." diana asks as i meet her eyes. i look away as my eyes carelessly wander off to the said boy.

"yeah." i respond, lost in thought. i let out a sigh attention fully on them once again.

"the notice board it active again. he might post." tillie says. i let my hopes die down, the fluttering in my stomach calming down at the simple thought of him posting.

posting about me.

"what if he doesn't?" i ask the realization hitting me. tears clouding my eyes the only thing visible to me, blurry, "from what i can tell he likes diana." i point to the girl as she gives me a sad smile.

"i'll help you. we all will" anne says joining in on our conversation.

"how?" i ask wiping the tears before they could fall. i sit up straight getting a clear view of the girl.

"here's the plan..."

~~~

now that the girls and i were informed of the plan, it was time for it to set in place. i am currently sat down at my desk writing a note to the boy. of course he won't know it's me writing it. the others are by the door making sure no one else enters the classroom.