charlie

f/c- favorite color

i sit beside moody on one of the tables to watch the other students practice dancing. i am only sitting it out because...

1. i already know how to dance

2. i don't want to

simple as that really

moody is currently playing away at his banjo, and i see ruby from the corner of my eye sit down beside us, i had no clue why she decided to sit out the dance. my eyes wander back to the people dancing. eyes immediately landing on charlie, for what reason i wasn't even sure of. i see him with a smile on his face dancing away.

as the song finishes they disperse from the groups and go to leave. as if on cue moody shakes me out of my thoughts. "y/n."

"yes?" i ask the boy tying to process what it was that i was feeling. i look over to moody and see a smirk on his face. "what?" i ask confused at his change in mood.

"oh it's nothing. it's time to leave." he says, that devious smirk still plastered on his face. i stand up, feet solid on the ground and collect my things.

"don't be such a weirdo moody. i'll see you at the county-fair barn dance." i say dismissing myself from the conversation, walking off to head home. i walk the way home thinking of what to wear. surely mother will want to choose what's best for me. i'll leave it to her.

walking inside i am immediately rushed to my room by none other than my mother. "which dress would you like to wear?" i hear her say as she opens the door to my room. there on my bed are a few dresses, each a different color form the rest. i glance over at them, then over to her shrugging.

"whichever one." i say indecisively. it's not like i'll need to impress anyone.

"the f/c one will do just fine, don't you think?" she asks, giving me a weird look. she picks the f/c dress up and examining over it. i nod agreeing with her. it looks pretty.

~~~

the whole day my parents have been dragging me around looking for possible suitors. as if that will ever happen. i stumble upon my friends sneaking around to meet up with them.

"where have you been?" i hear over the loud music as people dance around the barn.

"i honestly don't know." i answer hugging each one of them in relief that i finally escaped my parents.

"moody is playing tonight." ruby says as the music dies down. i look up ahead to where the music was last heard and see moody. i wave at him to catch his attention. he finally sees me and sends me a wink, a smirk plastered on his face. "don't be weird." i mumble, as if moody could hear. i shake my head at him and go back to talk to the girls.

"who are you dancing with?" i look to my side and see tillie.

"i'm not sure." i tell her glancing over familiar faces and some unfamiliar ones.

"what about charlie?" i freeze in place at the sudden name. what about him? i look to tillie with curious eyes as she has that same smirk moody had on moments prior.

"what about charlie?" i ask over the talking of the many people throughout the room, suspiciously looking in between moody and the girls.

"you seem to have taking a liking towards the him." i roll my eyes at her crossing my arms at her sudden interest in my life. they just stand there waiting for me to say something, anything. "no." i deny.

"next up is the dashing white sergeant. form up in sets of six." is all i hear before being pushed around towards the tall boy, heading towards the middle of the room. i stand there not knowing what to do. before i know it the girls are out of sight and i am left alone. with charlie. not alone per se.