Decisions (Billy Andrews)

Requested by gxldenbutera

Since Billy was about the only other person I hung out with at school and he had now left Jane was the other person I would talk to. And while I did have friends they had their own lives I grew distant from. Therefore I wasn't present when they chose to hang out. Leaving me in the dark whenever they mentioned something new. Jane, on the other hand, I couldn't seem to get enough of as I spent almost every second of the day with her.

And as that thought left my mind I zoned back into reality. Walking to school as I walked out the door I noticed Billy at the front of my house. I didn't expect to see him considering he stopped showing up to class. And with that, he stopped walking me to school.

Nevertheless, the sight of him brought a smile to my face.

I approached him quickening my steps and reached his side. Interlocking my arm with his the sudden contact for him off balance and I laughed it off. "I didn't expect to see you today."

He had a quizzical look on his face as though my thoughts were unjustified. And they would have been if he had shown up like normal, but he hadn't. I raised my brows before he could say anything and make me regret my words. His face slackened as he looked down and muttered, "I've been busy lately."

I didn't want to hear the lie beneath his words but I could hear it. He was deceiving me as he had done before. But unlike the times before this one felt like a heartbreak about to happen.

But I had been wrong before.

Rather than questioning him I put on a smile and looked at him intently. He was avoiding my eyes as we walked and didn't say a word as I continue to look at him. "I've missed you, and I'm going to miss you more when I go off to college."

If I hadn't been paying attention I wouldn't have noticed the reaction that came with my words. The corner of his lips tugged slightly and I hid a smile.

"Where do you plan on going?" I shrugged knowing he had caught the movement as he stared at me. With the options that I had about college, I had no idea what to decide. "If you go to Queens with Jane I can go visit you."

I lower my head as I rolled my eyes. As if he wouldn't come to visit if I went anywhere else.

I kept that thought in mind because if I said it aloud he would only deny it. Even knowing we both know the truth. "I only have a few weeks and I can't decide."

"Do you want me to make it easier on you?" I didn't answer him for a while as we continued on our way to school. But even as he was met with silence he didn't push for an answer.

Not even when we had made it to the schoolhouse. And I was still coming up with a way to respond to him.

I could see Jane walking out of class and spot us. She had a mischievous smile on her face. Which I knew, from years of knowing her, was when she was up to no good. I looked back at Billy and said, "I'll tell you when I make up my mind."

Pressing a light kiss on his cheek I rushed past him and toward Jane without a word of goodbye. Taking a glance back at Billy he stood still as he shook his head confused.

I grabbed Jane by the arms before she could say anything. And thankfully she didn't utter a word as she balanced herself on her feet I dragged her away. "I was wondering where he was this morning."

"It was kind of him to walk me to school right?" I asked loosening my grip on her. I bit my lip as I distracted myself with thoughts of him. My mind confused me sometimes as it went back and forth questioning me on whether or not he liked me. But I was certain he did, although my overthinking didn't help. I looked at Jane as she looked at me incredulously. "I've been wondering why he stopped."