josie pye

i never truly realized my feelings towards josie until she told me about billy and her

it is now the day of the fair and i am just circling around trying to find josie

i soon find her standing beside a strength tester and i come up to her linking our arms

"so how is everything?"

"fine he just want to prove he's strong enough for this game."

i see him try and ring the bell multiple times, failing before giving up
"this stupid game is rigged." he yells out in frustration.

right

"you were so close. i can't believe how hard you hit it." i hear josie su trying to make calm of the situation.

"i'd like to try"
jerry emerges from the crowd and gives the game a try.

he makes the bell at the top ring and wins a prize

and here billy was trying to impress josie

"we have a winner. come pick your prize."
i stand a few feet away from jerry and watch as billy and josie leave.
"come on i'll buy you something, anything you want, name it."
i quickly make my way over to jerry
"so who's it for?"
"oh y/n i didn't see you"
"i could tell, so?"
"no one really"
"you mean to tell me you and diana aren't a thing i saw the way you guys looked at each other earlier today."
"no nothing like that it's just."

he stutters before giving up lying to me

"fine it's for her so can i go now?"
"i won't hold you up any longer bye lover boy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

after a few dances the girls and i group up and talk about gilbert and his secret sweetheart. i can tell how sad anne feels about the whole situation. i feel for her because i know how it feels.

"i need some fresh air."
josie says making her way outside.
"oh, my, i'm so excited for the next dance" i hear tillie say, before zoning out of the conversation.

i look out the doors waiting for josie to return and when i do i hear ruby say "where have you been? moody looked in my direction and you missed it."

"i was talking to a friend from white plains you don't know her."

"oh your bow. here, just let me"

"moody's going to write a song about me isn't that romantic it was my idea he says he's never written a song before. i could be ruby spurgeon"

"moody and ruby almost rhyme"

"next dance is the circassian circle."
we hear a man announce before everyone goes to dance.
"whoo whoo all aboard!"

i decide to sit this one out too tired to dance
apparently josie decides to sit it out too so i take a seat next to her.

"hey whats wrong?" i ask seeing a scared expression on her face as she keeps glancing around at everyone around her. "nothing i'm fine"

i look around to see people whispering and pointing at what seems to be in our general direction.
before continuing on anne appears "josie are you alright?"
"im fine" she says again.
"are you sure the boys are saying things about you and billy"

"what are they saying?" we both ask anne. 

before i know she rushes to billy, i quickly stand up by her side.
"how dare you?" i feel everybody's eyes on us.

"come to beg for a kiss too." billy says looking over at me and anne.

"beg?"
"that's not what happened and you know it."
i intervene.
"how dare you spread nasty rumors about our friend."

"you weren't there you don't know what your talking about"

"you don't either we have eyes and we can see that she is devastated you shouldn't have touched her billy." i quietly shout not wanting to get anymore of the attention on us.

"well i guess she regrets having loose morals."

i see josie run out and billy scoffs.

before i could process what's happening my fist collides with the side of billy's face knocking him out.

i run out trying to find josie, i see her kneeling down on the ground sobbing in her hands.

"i'm sorry about what happened in there, come here." i try and console her.

she stands up and i engulf her in a tight hug not wanting to let go. "i'm here for you if you if you need anything, don't let what other people get to you we both know that's not what happened."

she keeps crying until she finally calms down. "thanks for everything, and to think i only went for billy to get you off my mind."

"what do you mean?"

"my parents know i like girls but they don't want anyone else to know so they told me to go for someone like billy so no one would spread rumors, but look at where i'm at now."

"why didn't you tell me?"

"because i was afraid, afraid of what everyone would think of what you would think of me."

"i love you." before she can say another word i smash my lips onto hers and feel her kissing back. we part to catch our breath.

"i love you too."

guys help me i have no inspiration