jerry

i walk down the road to where anne lives. feeling nervous at the thought of seeing jerry. oh what that boy does to me. i near the gate and as i firmly take a grip on it to open it, another hand appears. the gate is now opened as i stand before the boy. i could never hold a proper conversation with him.

"hello y/n"

"hi." i say murmuring the word, wanting so badly to just walk away. but that's rude. i look back at the tall boy. an awkward smile on my face. he just chuckles and steps to the side. which allows me to walk towards anne.

"anne!" i yell out to the girl seeing her walking towards the door of her home. she turns around the the sound of my voice running into my arms. it was a bit over the top really, but i didn't care. we hug for a fraction of a second interrupted by the boy. "anne?"

"yes jerry?" she asks as i turn to step beside her, looking into those mesmerizing brown eyes of his. "may i talk to y/n?" still not giving me a glance, i give anne an inquisitive look. "why don't you ask her yourself?"

"yeah i'm right here." i say joining in on their conversation, feeling more confident because of anne's presence. "privately." we both turn to look at the red head and see her walk a few steps behind, my nerves only growing. "so what is it you needed to speak to me about?" i ask glancing over his features. "there's this girl i really like and i need help telling her." i feel my heartbeat pick up it's pace, there go my chances.

"so tell me about her. see what she's like." i say wanting to know who the lucky girl was, if only that was me. "for starters she really shy around me, she has h/c hairand e/c eyes, she's absolutely beautiful." he explains the glistening in his eyes only brighter as he talks about her. "if she's shy around you she may like you. i'm not sure, i'm not good at this stuff. you should ask anne." i say finally forming proper words to talk to him. it is serious after all.

"if i ask anne, she'll tell you, and i want to be the one who does it." his eyes widen, which i'm only confused about.

"why, what would you wan to tell me?" i ask the boy who only turns even more pink. he lets out a sigh, as i'm still standing there confused. "i like you y/n." his voice is quiet but his words are loud.

"you like me?" i ask shocked that the boy i've come to like returned the feelings.

"yeah i though you could tell." he says letting out a small laugh shuffling in his place. "well you haven't clearly expressed your feelings." i say voice rising at the sudden news. "i thought it was obvious."

"well you thought wrong. so you did like me?" i ask this time voice quieter as i digest the new information. "no."

"so your lying?" i ask frozen in place.

"i didn't like you, i like you there's a difference." he explains as my thoughts cloud my mind. i don't hear the rustling of feet make their way to our direction until i feel a touch on my arm. "now that that's all cleared up. let's go." before i can make my feet work to start walking again i am dragged away into anne's house.

i am placed on the soft cushion of a bed, and realize i haven't told him. "anne you dragged me away." i yell making my way down stairs. the last thing i see is her smiling as i run towards the barn. "jerry!" i yell in search of the farmhand. where could he be?

he reveals himself from behind the hay. "what are you doing in there?" i ask laughing softly at the boy helping him out. "hiding."

"from me?" i ask as the boy moves around. "i get that you don't like me back it's fine. i just thought you did. so i thought i'd tell you." he rambles on and on. finally getting tired of his rambling, qthough i love the sound of his voice. i pull him by the collar connecting our lips.

"if that doesn't prove that i like you i don't know what will." we pull apart out of breath, just staring into each other's eyes. his chocolate brown eyes peering into my e/c ones. "you are really pretty."

"so are you." i say, processing the word sin my mind, i get embarrassed. "we're both pretty." i laugh at his humour. he places his arms around me as i place my head in his chest listening to his heart beat steadily. we stay like that for what feels like hours but only mere seconds. "i like this." the comfortable silence is broke by his soothing voice. "and i like you." i say once again getting the message across. "not as much as i like you." i turn my head to look up at him.

"are you challenging me?" i ask a smile on my face. "no. i'm just stating facts."

"well i love you more." i feel warmth spread on my face at the word love. did i love him? i know i like him but love?

"i love you the most." he dismisses the awkward moment with his own. love. lovers. that's what we were, in love.

a/n
sorry this is short i didn't know what to write but i kind of like it
let me know what you think
unedited