The Deal (Billy Andrews)

Requested by swtqari

Ever since she had pointed it out it was all I could notice. Whenever my eyes would drift to the boys on the other side of the room I would see their eyes on us. My friends had informed me it was me they were looking at but I thought otherwise.

I wanted to think otherwise. Because if I didn't the hope would build into thinking my crush had liked me back. Which wasn't the case as much as I tried convincing the girls.

I let out a sigh as once again they brought up my crush. I rolled my eyes wanting to gouge my eyes out. It was like the more they spoke about him the less I started to like him.

"But can we talk about Billy?" Beatrice asked and at the sound of his name, we all looked at her worriedly. We hadn't expected her crush to have lasted this long. If we knew we would have tried stopping it before it began. I looked at Katie telling her to say something. She only shook her head in confusion and refusal. "Do you think I should say anything to him?"

Alice, the honest one in our group shook her head aggressively. She scoffed at what Beatrice was saying and said, "No, you can't handle rejection well."

My eyes widened in shock as I turned to look at Katie with a similar look on her face. Her mouth was agape and I almost started choking on my food. But Beatrice remained as oblivious as always. She was stupid in love.

If you could call it that.

She furrowed her brows and looked at each of us hoping for an answer. An answer that would reveal what Alice had meant. But it was best she didn't know.

"I think it's best if you wait for him to say something." None of us had thought he would but she was satisfied with my response. With a smile on her face, she looked back at Billy, and I shared a concerned look with Alice and Katie. "Let's hope he doesn't."

It was a whisper to their ears. Even if I had spoken at a volume for the whole class to hear Beatrice was too in thought to notice I had said anything.

It became evident because when the bell rang she didn't take notice. Not until we had blocked her like of sight from the boy. "What's wrong?"

"Your obsession over the boy," Alice muttered. Katie snickered and I elbowed them both to keep quiet.

"Lunch is over," I stated matter of factly. She stood up and balanced herself on her feet searching the room to where I assumed Billy was. "Don't worry you'll get to see him tomorrow."

She nodded with a smile as if it just occurred to her and walked to her seat. It was a good thing for us she sat nowhere where she could see him. Because if she had her grades would slip. And her mind would only be focused on the boy. And because I sat next to her and I never heard the end of it mine would too.

I glanced back at Billy, he was laughing with one of his friends. I narrowed my eyes at him wondering what she saw in him. It was just my luck he saw me staring. Looking confused he waved at me and I looked away. Just in time for the lesson to start.

-

"Care to explain what this is?" Billy asked as he stood behind me waiting for me to look at him. Of course, I couldn't see what he meant but I wouldn't rush for his benefit. So I took my time in getting my things ready as I put my coat on to leave. Turning to look at him I could see everyone else had left. He cleared his throat and I brought my eyes to his. "I feel flattered but you have to know I—"

"You think this is from me?" I asked as I finished reading the note. Beatrice had ignored our advice and went for it. I had wondered when she got the chance and why she didn't sign the note. I guess she wasn't ready to tell the whole truth.