ruby 2

requested by @alondratrevi
forgot to mention that ^

today was not at all what i expected to happen on my first day of school. adding on to that, i had no idea what anne and diana were up to. knowing them it wasn't anything to not get worked up over. i was worried for myself on what they were planning. that wasn't the only thing i was worried about, there was ruby too.

forget that. i need to help marilla. that will get things off my mind.

i dismiss my tiredness and walk downstairs finding marilla preparing tea for her and matthew as she always does. "do you need any help marilla?" i ask startling her. "sorry." i apologize sincerely, walking over to sit down. "go see if matthew or berry need help." she replies waving me off. i stand up right walking out the door in search of the two males. i come to see matthew in the barn. "do you require assistance?" i ask the man, ready to work. "jerry does go on up ahead." i let out a sigh, more walking. "thank you matthew." i say not quite sure why. i climb up the latter and see jerry hard at work. "matthew said you might need some help." i say not asking, because if i do he'll deny it. "so here i am." i walk over to him taking over as i stack the hay up. "thanks."

"no problem. go get some rest." i insist as he hits lays down. "where do you suppose anne and diana are?" i ask breaking the silence. "i'm not sure. probably her house." he responds as i ponder what their deal was earlier.

as the sun sets over the horizon i decide and head back home. "goodbye jerry. i'll see you tomorrow." i say climbing down after jerry, as he walk away. "goodbye."

i head inside seeing anne sat at the table. "where were you?" i ask out of curiosity. "y/n can you set the table?" marilla asks and i oblige walking behind anne grabbing the plates, walking around marilla careful not to bump into each other.

once the table is set we start eating, exchanging a few words here and there. "so how was your first day y/n?" matthew asks diverting the conversation onto me. "not quite how i imagined." i say looking over at anne. i see a smirk plastered on her face. i furrow my eyebrows in question. she only shakes her head in reply. "how so?"

"i'd rather not talk about it." i say in all honesty. they dismiss the topic before talking about something else. dinner is over and i head over to my room, recalling the lessons i didn't understand. which was basically everything.

i choose not to go over the lesson and go to sleep. tomorrow will be a day with no mistakes. none to be made. at least not yet i suppose.

~~~

i wake up eyes landing on anne. she is all dressed and ready to go. "you really should wake up earlier. we'll be late."

"or you could wake me?" i suggest pushing her out the door to get ready. "breakfast is ready." i hear her voice through the door. "alright i'll be down in a minute." i say hearing her fading footsteps walk off. after a while i prepare very thing and head down not wanting to eat. "goodbye." i say walking out in search of the red head who i haven't seen since early morning. "anne." i yell out seeing her by the horse. "let's go." i rush her dragging her away.

"i forgot to ask, what did they want to talk about at lunch?" i question seeing her eyes wander over the trees. "anne of green gables. you and me, we're gonna talk. you said some pretty nasty stuff about my sister." as he takes steps forward i don't cower in fear. i don't manage to se how terrified anne really is. "and what have you been doing to anne since we got here?" i ask recalling his snarky remarks. "you've been saying nasty stuff to her, i don't doubt about her either. so why don't you just leave." i say anger getting the best of me, slipping away from anne's grip.