prissy

"prissy." i yell out scaring the few people around me, as i walk away from my brother and the redhead we ran into. i run to her and pull her in a tight embrace. "i'm so glad to see you back, is your dad feeling better?" she asks her voice laced in concern.

"we're all just glad to be back." gilbert says answering her question. "yeah, it's nice to see you too." i say all happinesses fading away at the thought of my dad. gilbert sees this and pulls me away. "y/n, are you alright?"

"i'm fine but dad isn't." i respond trying hard to not let the tears in my eyes fall. i look towards the ground avoiding his gaze wanting him to leave, and he takes the hint and walks away. i quickly walk back into the run just in time to see the teacher start the lesson. i sit besides the prissy and start doing what is asked of the class. "hey y/n are you alright?" i hear whispering from beside me knowing full well prissy is trying to get my attention, concerned of my well-being. i ignore her and continúe on with my work.

eventually she stops with the quiet whispers and goes on to passing me notes.

hi :)

i hold back a smile at her childishness. but keep the note, not wanting to get caught by the teacher. i erase a small portion of doodles on my slate to make some words.

you're so weird

she glances over at my slate reading the words over before going back. to her own and writing something down.

says you

i silently laugh at that, not wanting mr. phillips to get into an even more horrible mood.

yes i do say so, now pay attention

whatever you say

the writing stops there, although i miss the small interaction. the lesson continues to drag on as his monotone voice pierced through my head. as soon as i hear the word dismissed i am the first to get up out of my seat and grab my lunch.

i sit down with some of my friends as we talk about our everyday lives along with some gossip here and there. "hey prissy come sit with us." y/f/n says as she makes room in between me and her for prissy. i give her a cold glare, knowing full well what she's doing. "we were just talking about boys, do you have someone in mind?" she questions the blonde in a sort of demanding way not hiding her obvious curiosity.

all the girls in the circle roll their eyes, not wanting to get into this again. "w-well no."

she's lying

"so how about that new girl what do you think of her?" i ask changing the topic not only for prissy's sake but for mine. so y/f/n won't pressure me into something i will surely regret. i hear a couple of murmurs not fully listening intently on the conversation. i just stop and stare at the girl beside me not noticing the pair of eyes on me. someone clears their throat which immediately catches my attention. "yeah?" i ask looking around at the inquisitive eyes.

"you just zoned out for a second there." i hear a girl saying too busy in my own thoughts. i take a while to respond, "i'm sorry i was just thinking." as i let those words slip through my lips the sound of footsteps takes me back to the classroom. everyone is piling into their seats ready for the next lesson to begin. i begin to stand up heading over to my seat at the back of the classroom. "you still haven't answered my question." prissy says holding me back by the arm only to drag me to our seats.