61

"there's no way, he's my best friend"

"yes he is your best friend, but so what? he's a person and you like him"

"yes.... i do"

ellie sighed and flopped down on the couch and looked up at the ceiling, just staring at it.

"i cant tell him, he doesn't feel the same way, it will completely ruin our friendship"

"ellie seriously, i know payton, i can read him like a book, he's really easy to read as well, he practically looks at you with heart eyes"

ellie still seemed uncertain.

"and" joanne started again, trying to get her point across, "he wouldn't stop talking about the time when  you kissed him on the cheek and he literally pretended to be you boyfriend when he saw someone flirting with you, that's just a few reasons that are off the top of my head, if you actually thought about it you would have loadssss"

"he's just being friendly"

"ellie cmon i cant understand how you don't read the signs"

ellie stirred and sat up up with a start.

"joanne thank you so much for realising stuff" she laughed giddily, "but, i will tell him if i want to"

••••••

"helloooooooo" payton voiced loudly and in a sing- song voice as he barged into her room two days later.

"hey payt"

"what you doinggg"

"watching netflix, specifically,
the kissing booth"

"woah, ellie anderson watching something other than dance moms or stranger things, god that's a first" he giggled like a child.

"ellie playfully pushed him off her giant bed where they both layed.

"rude" he grumpily said as he was now sitting in the floor, "ANYWAYYY" he started, obviously forgetting quickly how 'mad' and 'offended' he was.

"you want cuddles don't you?"

"yep soooo"

payton leapt up to his original spot on the bed and places his head in the crook of her neck.

"goodnight"

"goodnight payton"

a/n i wrote this a like two days ago. and i just realised now that i hit 1k reads. tysm omg means the world <3