64

"payton?" ellie uttered as she skipped into the room where payt was, he was sitting on the couch. ellie jumped over the edge of it and layed down beside him.

"hm?"

"could i maybe drive your car?" ellie started slowly. payt never let her drive his car.

"el i swear to god if you scratch it"

"i won't i won't, i promise" she said quickly and ran to find his keys.

"uhh where are your keys?" she asked, entering the room again.

"counter"

"rightio" and she headed to the kitchen counter to get the hnady equipments used to drive a vehicle.

••••••••

"i'm backkkk" ellie sung as she opened the front door of payton's house. she had driven the car all around town, and even stopped off at chick -fil- a, for a thank you present for payton, she knew his order off by heart at this point. he gets the same thing every single time.

"any scratches, oh and thanks so much for the food, i'll eat it later"

"um" ellie paused, " there might be some scratches maybeeee?"

"oh jesus" payton mumbled as he rushed past ellie and outside to check on his supra, as he searched frantically on the paint for any sign of scrapes, ellie was giggling hysterically at the inside of the house.

"i'm only joking!!!" she screamed, doing jazz hands for extra effect.

"oh my god, you scared the living shit out of me"

"oh yeah by the way, that reminds me el, com up to my room real quick, i need some help"
payton added.

ellie stared at payton curiously and oddly but went along with it and followed him up the flight of stairs and into his room which had the led lights set to blue.

"sooo?" ellie began, "wha-

payton cut her off, "i need girl advice"

"oh alright, fire away"

"sooo i like this girl right, and we are quite close and we talk a lot."

well shit.

"ok he is never knowing that i like him, and all the others were wrong" ellie thought miserably to herself. well, if payt is happy then she's happy.

"ok well do you think she likes you?"

"i don't know..... she could just be friendly, i don't know what to do because i don't want to ruin our friendship that we have."

"hmm well i think just go for it payt, if she can't see how such of an amazing person you are then that's her loss" ellie finished, giving a fake smile.

"you think i should just like text her and hope for the best"

"yep"

"alright then" payt sighed as he took out his phone from his pocket.

"wait, you are doing it now"

payton gave a quick glance at ellie, but looked back at his screen and continued on typing, "yes i am indeed"

"oh alright, good luck payton" and with that ellie walked out.

fuck.

suddenly ellie's phone binged and she was shocked to see it was a text from payton, she hesitantly slided the chat and read.

payt

hey el. before i tell you this i don't want you to hate me if you don't feel the same. please don't let this ruin our friendship. i love you too much to just lose you over this. well yeah i like you. like a lot. i have for a while, i think i just didn't want to admit it to myself that i liked my best friend hahaha. i give creds to my mom for helping me realise. well yeah that's it. ellie anderson i like you. in a boyfriend and girlfriend way.
much love, payt <3

ellie found herself positively grinning.

my best friend likes me back.

the boy i like, likes me back.

el immediately ran back into the room and saw that payton was busy hovering over his phone looking for a sign that ellie read it or if she is typing anything back , he was much to concentrated on that, that he didn't realise ellie walked in.

"i like you too dumbass"