58

"joanne and faith into the room right now" ellie announced loudly as she entered paytons house. on the way here payton wouldn't stop apologising for the incident that happened beforehand.

"yes?" both of them asked.

"guess what payton did"

ellie gave payton a little push to make him step in front of her and continue on the story.

"so el was taking pictures and i was the camera man, of course" and he flicked his non existent long hair on the 'of course' bit.

the listeners nodded their heads. a signal to keep going.

"and i thought some street pictures would be cool-

"i swear to god i already know how this is gonna end" sighed faith as she put her head in her hands.

"el nearly got hit?!" hysterized joanne.

"yes, BUT" she spoke, seeing joannes frantic face, "payt saved me"

"she didn't know where the car was coming from and she nearly ran out in front of it" elaborated payton.

"he pulled on my hair like this" and el grabbed paytons hair and yanked, in a form of a real-life demonstration, this got a sound of discomfort from the boy and a little poke to go along with it.

"jesus christ" was all faith and joanne could say.

"el are you sure you are ok dear"

"trust me joanne i'm fine" and she gave a true laugh to prove it.

"well let's see the pics then" cooed faith, obviously enthusiastic about the pictures that concluded an near-accident. ellie brought her phone to her eyes and unlocked it and showed faith the instagram post up on her account.

"wowwww they actually are so good, you look like so pretty"

"awh thanks, and yeah they better want to be good after the stress we went through just to post on my account like" laughed ellie, taking a side glance at payton and seeing him give a sheepish, apologetic smile.

"i'm being honest when i say this el, you really are gorgeous" complimented joanne to multiple praises of thanks from ellie.

••••••

"el i don't know how many times i'm gonna have to say this, but i am so sorry"

"paytonnn i swear to god it's fine, you literally saved me"

"i know but i just feel guilty" complained the boy.

"well don't, i'm perfectly ok, if you didn't do what you did THEN you would have something to feel guilty about, but you are my hero" snickered the girl at the last bit of her sentence

they both shared a look and laughed.