Break-Up & Make-Up

Marella's Pov

After reminiscing about Dex we all agree to go up to our rooms for a while and plan by ourselves so we have new ideas. Instead, I sneak over to Sophie's room, I'm still really curious about what she meant by Fitz being.... "busy" when she tried to reach him telepathically. I knock softly on her door and hear hushed whispering on the other side of the door.

"Sophie? Can I come in?" I ask.

"Ummmm, hold on!" she calls from the other side, "Yeah alright come on in."

I open the door and slide in her room careful to check that no one saw. When I see her, her cheeks are flushed and hair is a tiny bit ruffled. I wonder why.

Sophie takes a deep breath, "So, uh, did you need something?"

"Kinda, I just wanted to ask you something about what you said when you were transmitting to me for help," I nod.

"Alright?"

"What did you mean when you said, 'Fitz seemed to be....busy'?" 

A flash of anger and embarrassment crosses her face, "Well uh, I just, he was um."

"Spit it out!" I encourage.

"FitzandLihnwerekindakissingandIsawitandeventhoughwesortabrokeupwewerestilltogetherthenandsotechnicallyhecheatedonme!" She rushes.

"What?"

"Fitz and Lihn were kissing and I saw it and at the time Fitz and I were still together so he technically cheated on me. He doesn't know that I saw that, so he still thinks that we are together. I'm going to break up with him," Sophie slows down.

I take a deep breath in, "Wow, that's a lot to take in. Are you ok?"

"Yeah..." Sophie glances at her closet for some reason, "Well, you should probably get going. I don't want you to get in trouble or anything."

I narrow my eyes at her, "Are you sure there isn't something your hiding?"

"Yes!" she answers a bit to quickly, her eyes dart to the closet again.

"Mhm, sure well, if you don't mind I saw a cute dress that you probably don't want so I'll just grab i-" I start.

"No!" Sophie lunges to block me from opening the closet but, it's too late.

I open the shiny pearl doors of the huge dressing room and an ice blue-eyed, handsome, blonde boy tumbles out. He quickly glances up at me and smirks.

"Alrighty then, I guess I was interrupting something so I'll just go," I state darting out the door.

Fitz's Pov

I have no idea how I am going to hide this secret from Sophie, I mean she is my girlfriend, congate, and one of my best friends. How is she going to react when I tell her I cheated on her with Lihn? It hasn't been going on that long. Just ever since Keefe was taken. A sharp knock snaps me out of my worries.

"Come in?" I call.

The door opens quietly and Sophie walks in a bit nervous but determined almost.

"I need to talk to you," Sophie bursts.

"I do as well," I confess, "You first?"

She takes a deep breath, "I-I know what happened with you and Lihn. I was trying to transmit to you when I saw what was happening. Now I know that I can't trust you. So go ahead and ask her to be your girlfriend, she really likes you, you know? And I can tell you like her too."

"Sophie, wait just please let m-" I start.

"It's fine. I get it, I mean I kissed Keefe and stuff, it's no different than that. It's better off if we just stay friends, it will be better for our cognate training, although you will have to earn my trust back just as I will, you. We just weren't meant to be."