Detention

Sophie's Pov

I have no idea what I am going to do about last night's sleepover. Why did I get that weird spark feeling when I kissed Keefe? I'm supposed to like Fitz! Right?

"Miss Foster if you don't intend to pay attention in my class then you get detention. Is that understood?" Bronte snaps.

"Yes sir, sorry sir," I apologize quietly.

Ughhhhhhhh I can't believe I've got detention. Wait I have detention... So that means if Keefe has detention too... Stop! You can't think about him, not now when you get that fluttery feeling every time you see him! You are dating Fitz. I spend the rest of class lecturing myself about all the reasons why I can't think of Keefe as more than a friend. The bell rings and I walk over to my locker, licking the panel to open it. Ewwww, I do not want to know what that is, it must have been Elwin's turn to choose the flavor. I open up my locker and look at the picture of Fitz and I hanging on the side. I shove my books away and shut the door. When I turn around Fitz is standing right there.

"Hey, Soph! How was class?" he asks running a hand through his hair.

"Oh, uh, good I guess. Councilor Bonte was being very...prickly today. He gave me detention, sorry," I stutter.

 "Ok, that's fine, no problem," Fitz's face falls in realization, "Keefe also has detention too."

I grab one of his clenched fists and give him a reassuring smile, "Trust me, it's fine. What happened last night was just a dare, it didn't mean anything."

"Whatever," he growls.

"Oh my gosh, I'm going to be late. See you later!" I call over my shoulder bolting down the hall.

----------------------------------------------------At detention------------------------------------------------------------

Keefe's Pov

I can't stop thinking about what happened last night, I can't stop thinking about Foster. But I can't like her, she doesn't like me she likes Fitz. I mean why else would she be dating him? I am surprised when I see  Sophie walk through the door to detention. Especially on the day that we are doing ballroom dancing. The blonde elf walks over to me and huffs when she sees what we are doing.

"Ugh! Ballroom dancing? Fitz is going to be so mad," she says under her breath.

"Hey, it'll be fine. I mean it's not your fault that you get the detention the day that we do ballroom dancing and the only person that is left just happens to be me. Wait now that I think about it, did you plan this?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows.

Sophie's face turns bright red, "I uh, no, I-I didn't um know."

"Sure Foster," I sneer grabbing her hand and pulling her close to dance.

"Keefe, I'm really worried about you. Fitz is really angry about what happened last night. And now this what is he going to think? I don't want you guys to ruin your friendship because of me!" she exclaims.

"It'll be fine. Trust me, he'll get over it," I console.

"How are you so sure?" she asks.

"Because I know Fitz," I state ending the topic.

We dance around the room to the music, somehow Foster doesn't trip or stumble at all. Even though she wasn't paying attention, at all. She had something on her mind and I needed to cheer her up. After detention, I pull her to the side. 

"Look, Foster, whether you like it or not you are coming with me and ditching, you need to get whatever you're thinking about off your mind," I persuade.

"Keefe! I have to get to class!" Sophie hisses.

"Come on! Please?" I beg doing puppy eyes.

"Fiiiiiiiiine. But I won't like it," she sighs.

"Yes!" I say pumping my fist, "Now follow me, I have the perfect thing to do."

I drag her to a place behind Foxfire that I had found while ditching.

Sophie's Pov

Keefe brings me to some sort of area behind the school. It is beautiful! His hand was in mine and I can't stop the fluttery feeling in my stomach whenever he touched me. So much for getting my mind off of this. We were at some sort of hidden garden in the school. It is so gorgeous! There are all different types of flowers around and the sound of a small stream.

"Keefe where did you find this place? It's so beautiful!" I beam pulling away from his grasp.

"I was just ditching one day and I stumbled across it. I come here when I'm stressed or thinking about things," he turns red at the last part.

"Are you blushing? What or who were you thinking about that made that happen?" I tease pointing to his rosy cheeks.

"Wha-I- No! You just wish it was you that I'm thinking about," Keefe stumbles trying to save himself from embarrassment.

"Suuuuuuuuure," I say rolling my eyes.

"Oh come here, we need to talk," He replies changing the subject and pulling me over to sit under a tree with him, "So what's been bothering you? And don't say nothing because, empath. You can't lie to me."

"Keefe, I really can't talk about this with you." my heart flutters just talking about him.

"Woah, those are some intense emotions coming my way Foster," he exclaims, "Wait Sophie!"

All of a sudden I feel a damp cloth covering my mouth and nose with an unpleasant yet familiar scent. I struggle to push away the cloth but the person holding me was too strong. I try not to breath but its no use. My vision goes cloudy and I black out with only one thought in my mind. Is Keefe ok?

And that is the end of the chapter! I hope you liked it! What do you think will happen next? Please vote comment and follow! Thanks for reading!!

-Lacy