Jolie

Sophie's Pov

I don't understand what is going on! Who is this guy and who is that lady over at the door? The boy pales suddenly when he sees her come in. I don't know what's happening but all the boy would do is stare in shock.

"W-Who are you?" my timid voice surprises me.

"Hi Sophie, nice to meet you, I've heard so much about you! I'm Jolie," she introduces herself.

"Wh-What? H-how? You're s-supposed to be d-dead!" the blonde boy stutters.

Jolie looks over at the ice blue-eyed guy and smirks, "Hello Keefe, tell me how has your mother been?"

"Oh trust me you already know!" he sneers, "What did you do to Foster?"

"Your 'Foster' is long gone," she says mimicking his voice, "But no need to worry, she will be better than before once I'm done with her."

"What did you do to me?!" I shriek.

"Nothing dear. That is nothing a little mallowmelt can't solve," Jolie soothes, "Why don't you come with me you must be starved."

"O-Ok? But what about him?" I ask pointing to Keefe.

"Oh! He will be taken care of, I just want to have a little chat with you," Jolie reassures.

I have a sickening feeling, but I shrug it off. There is still just that one thing nagging me, telling me that something isn't right. I feel compelled to stay with that Keefe guy. But curiosity gets the better of me, I want to know what this 'Jolie' wants to talk to me about. I follow her out of the prison giving a backward glance at the worried Keefe. I give him a little shrug as if to say, "Don't worry about me I'll be fine". He only becomes paler. We walk down a silent winding hallway. The sound of our shoes bouncing off of the walls. Jolie stops abruptly in front of a door, takes out a weird-looking object, key thing, and unlocks the door. She holds it open for me and I step into a beautiful room filled with crystals and furniture. A huge step up compared to the cell I was just in.

"Sophie, don't be so worried, I would just like to talk to you over a slice of mallowmelt and slumberberry tea," she comforts.

That tea name triggers some sort of memory and I can't help but exclaim, "NO SEDATIVES!"

Seeing her bewildered expression I mumble, "Sorry, I don't know what came over me. I don't know why, but you saying that triggered a memory almost. Anyways what would you like to talk about?"

"Oh, it's quite alright, I'm not a fan of sedatives myself. I was just hoping it would help you rest better for tonight. As I was saying I could like to talk about you!" Jolie laughs almost evilly.

She guides me over to a table and snaps making a delicious looking cake appear in front of us. 

I gasp, "How did you do that?"

"It's my ability, I'm a conjurer. Now go ahead take a slice! Anyways, I've heard so much about you Sophie, and how you are a telepath, teleporter, polyglot, inflictor, enhancer, and flasher! That all really is amazing," she gushes.

"Oh! I didn't know I could do all of those things!" I blurt memories slowly coming back, like training with Councilor Bronte, and Sir Tierigan, "Would you mind telling me more about what you know about me?"

"Of course! I know that you are the adopted daughter of Edaline and Grady Ruewen. You have many friends who care for you," she explains.

"Jolie, thank you so much for inviting me to do this. But may I ask why?" I question.

"The reason is that I was hoping you would join my organization," she states, "The Everblaze."

Biana's Pov

 Fitz rushed into my class with Sir Tierigan, Lihn, Tam, Marella, and Dex. All of them out of breath.

"Fitz? What's wrong? What's happening?" I panic.

"They've got Sophie and Keefe," he says growling the last name.

"Who?" I ask.

"The Neverseen," Dex trembles.

"What? What do you mean the Neverseen has them? We killed them! There's no possible way!" I exclaim.

"Miss Vacker, it's true, I need to take all of you to a secure location now. We will discuss this later, your parents have already been informed and are meeting us there with all of your stuff." Sir Tierigan explains.

Without saying another word he pulls out his pathfinder and whisks us away into a bright light. When we reappear I see a beautiful area with trees and flowers everywhere. attaching the trees were bridges, houses were built into the hollowed-out trees. A soft orange light signals the sun setting and we all run to levitate to an opening in one of the decks surrounding the tree. When we get up there a crying Edaline being held by a determined-looking Grady greeting us. I pass sadly and am guided to mine and Lihn's room.  

"Lihn, I don't know what we are going to do. I mean they have Sophie and Keefe, who knows what they're going to do to them!" I bawl tears soaking my tunic.

"Biana, it's Sophie and Keefe, knowing them, they will get through this. We will save them and everything will be fine, you don't have any reason to worry!" Lihn exclaims comforting me.

"You're starting to sound like my Dad," I scoff, "You're right though, I don't know why I'm crying. We defeated them before we can do it again...... Right?"

"Right," she confirms, "And it's not bad that you are crying I get why, your two best friends are gone."

I just sniffle in response and get ready for bed. No matter what we will save them, whatever it takes I remind myself with a newfound determination.

Keefe's Pov

I have no idea what is taking Foster so long. What are they even talking about? She's got to remember Jolie. Right? After they had left a guard came in with many sweets including mallowmelt, ripplefluffs, custard bursts, and so much more. The deal that they made with me was the more useful information I give them, I can have the rest of the desserts, if not, they eat them in front of my face and much, much worse. I sit on the metal cot not being able to get Foster off of my mind. This would be the perfect time to tell her how I feel right? Now that she lost her memory maybe that could trigger something. No Jolie wouldn't make it that easy. But there's got to be some way to recover her memories. There just has to be. I hear footsteps in the hallway and hushed talking, all of a sudden a familiar laugh echos through my cell.

"Foster." I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Hey Keefe," she responds stepping back into the prison.

"Y-You remember me?" I ask.

"Of course! Jolie told me everything and all these memories just came flooding back. I don't understand why she's keeping us in this cell though, she is so sweet! She even asked me to join this amazing cause!" Sophie explains.

"What? What are you talking about? What cause?" I stumble.

"Everblaze! They used to be the Neverseen but because of there awful leader, it failed. They are so right about everything, the council. All they are trying to do is make a change for the better!" she smiles.

"What did she do to you?! Why are you helping them? They're the enemy!" I exclaim.

"Keefe what are you talking about? The Black Swan is the enemy. Soon you will see, don't worry," she laughs patting my head.

Yay! I updated! Also, this is a really long chapter 1221 words! My longest yet. I'll try to make every chapter longer though. Thank you so much for reading!

-Lacy