Re-creation

Sophie's Pov

I land on my stomach in the middle of the old cell Keefe and I shared. Tam lands on top of me knocking the wind out of me. I groan and shove him off of me. I transmit to Jolie to let her know I'm back. I move to the other side of the cell and glare at Tam.

"Sophie just stop this nonsense! I know that you know Everblaze is evil deep down in your heart! Just come back to us, your boyfriend misses you. All of your friends miss you so much," Tam sighs.

I scoff and glare at him more, "You are so empty-headed to think that the Black Swan are the good guys. Clearly, you all are on the wrong side!"

I hear heels clicking as someone walks in the halls toward us. In front of the bars, I see an angry-looking Jolie. She sees Tam and the scowl on her face grows.

"What happened? Why is he with you? What happened?" she screams.

"I-I'm sorry I don't know what happened. I didn't know they were coming," I sob.

Jolie comes into the cell and sits next to me on the cot stroking my back just like Edaline used to, "Hey, hey, hey, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you. I was just so excited for you to join our cause. Brant and I well we would like to have dinner with you and talk about something."

"She is not going anywhere with you! Not without me, that is!" Tam snaps.

"Tam you don't have to protect me as you do with Lihn. I'll be fine. Although maybe if Tam does come we can try to create that weird portal rainbow explosion again!" I suggest.

"That is a great idea, Sophie! I have heard about what that is, it's called Runic Blaze. It's when Shadowflux and Quintessence combine in an intricate pattern to create a portal. You can do many other patterns that can be used to make weapons and other things. Alina is greek for light," Jolie explains.

"Then it's settled. Tonight Tam and Sophie will create Runic Blaze," Brant chimes in from the doorway of the cadge.

Jolie nods and adds, "We will send outfits here and have you moved to a more suitable living area after dinner."

Brant reaches out and Jolie takes his hand.  She smiles and looks back at us then follows him out. I giggle just thinking about how cute they are. I can't wait till this is all over and everyone realizes that Everblaze is the real hero. Then Keefe and I can be together and- Wait! Fitz is my boyfriend, what am I thinking? It doesn't matter anyway. As far as I'm concerned they are all the enemy. I feel myself suddenly get really cold and I shiver. When I look down Tam's shadow has crossed mine.

What are you doing Sophie? You're gonna get us killed!!

What do you mean? I'm trying to help them!!!

Why would you want to help them?

Tam, you don't understand you never will. They helped me get my memories back. Jolie showed me all of the horrible things the Black Swan has done. I know that the Neverseen made mistakes but that is what Jolie and Brant are going to fix. To help everyone.

If you would just listen to-

No! You need to listen to me. If you help them they will give you whatever you want. Freedom, family, a chance to be allowed to have a twin or triplet. There will be no such thing as a bad match. You have been told by the Black Swan that Everblaze is the enemy but you have never seen their cause from their perspective. They are the real heroes Tam.

At that, the doors to the cell opens and clothes are thrown at us to put on. My dress was a deep red lace and Tam had a suit on. We are led to the same dining area that Keefe and I were at that one time.  I glance at Tam, there was a scowl on his face. If only he would understand that the Black Swan are the real bad guys. Jolie and Brant haven't come yet so some gnomes come in and bring us silver platters full of a weird green and pink sludge. When I take a bite though it tastes like a fruit salad that had caramel on it. The door to the dining hall is thrown open and Jolie and Brant walk in hand in hand.

"Thank you both for joining us. Sorry, we are late we were making some last-minute plans to your new living quarters," Brant apologizes.

"Oh! It's completely fine, I hope you don't mind we kind of already got started on eating," I reply.

"Of course, we wouldn't want you to starve after all," Jolie reassures.

After dinner and some small talk, Jolie snaps her fingers and the table and chairs disappear leaving us in a huge room to recreate Runic Blaze.

Hi everyone! Sorry for the short chapter I have been really busy and have been writing as much as I can. Thank you so much for 55 views that's already way more than I expected. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Lacy