Chapter 27- To Find Help

"Don't be sad, Sonic," Tails said to Sonic. He gave him a plate that had a couple of chili dogs on it. "I'm sure something may turn up."

"Maybe." Sonic said in a disappointed tone. "I don't like how Amy has changed. It's not right of her to be with Scourge. Something about it, doesn't settle well with me."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. He is a bad hedgehog." Tails said. "Maybe it also doesn't settle well with you, because maybe you still have feelings for Amy?"

"Me? Still have feelings for Amy?" Sonic said. "No way!" He denied it. "I, uh--" he stopped speaking when he saw Tails glaring at him with a serious face.

"Oh okay." Sonic sweat dropped. "You got me." He said. "I still like her." He took a bite of his chili dog. "But I'm denying it to myself, because it hurts me to see her with Scourge." He ate the rest of it.

"What am supposed to do about that?"

"Well, you said it yourself that you would try. You can try some more. There's nobody stopping you from doing that."

"Yeah." Sonic said. "But I know that finding her, isn't going to be any easy task. I know that it's going to be a tough challenge."

"And where there are challenges, there's you." Tails said. "You're always up for any challenge. You may as well. You're Sonic--the fastest hedgehog I know! And there's nothing stopping you." he made fists with his hands. "So go out there, and get Amy back! I will be rooting for you."

-----

"How are we going to find Amy?" Sonic asked. "I know that she's not just going to turn up anywhere."

"I know how we can find her." Tails said.

"Great!" Sonic smiled. "Let's get to it, Tails!"

"Yeah~" Tails looked nervous. "About that."

"About what? I don't know what you mean by that?"

"I'm not sure if you're willing to go through with it. You might not like it."

"I might not like what?" Sonic said. He put his hands on top of Tails' shoulders and started shaking him. "Tell me, TAILS!" He shouted. "Please! I'll do anything to get Amy back to her old self! Tell me!"

"Fine." Tails said. "But stop shaking me, first!"

"Alright." Sonic took his hands away from his shoulders and stopped shaking him. "What is it? What's going to help us find Amy?"

"If you really want to know." Tails said. "It's not a 'what'. It's a 'who'."

"A who? You mean a person?"

"Yeah." Tails said. "And the person who can help us is Eggman."

"Eggman?" Sonic said. "But we haven't seen him in a long time. Not since Amy left us. And I--" he said. He scratched his head. "I dunno. It might be awkward, since he's our arch-nemesis. And we haven't fought with him in a long time."

Tails said. "Yeah, I know. But do you want his help or not? He is pretty smart, like me with mechanics. He can probably help us." he put his hands out. "We don't know if we don't try it."

"Fine, you do have a point there." Sonic said. "It's better to get someone's help, than no help at all."

"Great." Tails said. "Then, come with me, we're going to go on a spin on the plane." He ran towards the garage and clicked a button that opened the door that revealed the plane.

"Hop in!" Tails put on his flying goggles and jumped into the front seat of his plane and started to turn it on. "We're going to see Eggman."