Chapter 41- Apologies And Talks

"Now, please don't cry." Sonic wiped Amy's tears away with his hand.

"Sonic," Amy said. "Thank you so much for saving me. And thank you for cheering me up." She kissed him on his cheek. "I really owe you a lot. Even my life. I'm already thankful enough as it is." She got out of Sonic's hug.

"So, are you ready for the reunion with our friends that is happening downstairs as we speak?" Sonic said to her.

Amy put her hand on the door knob and her eyes made a sudden movement. "Reunion? I--" She looked back at Sonic's emerald-green eyes behind her. "Sonic. I'm scared and worried to see all our friends again."

"You are? Well, I mean of course you are. It's been a long time." Sonic said. "What do you have to be so nervous about?"

"It's just that it is crazy that I am going to see all of them at once. It's been a while. I feel like I have so much pressure about this. I don't know how to feel about this." She said. "I feel so awkward and nervous, it's like my social anxiety is starting to kick in."

She frowned and put her head down. "What if they don't like me? I still feel ashamed about my past actions with being with Scourge, and being somewhat involved with Fiona. Like me and Scourge tried to steal some gems from Sally's castle at the ball. But at the end, we went off with nothing. Plus, me and him stole the Master Emerald at some point, when I didn't know that it could of cost the lives of so many Mobians who live on Angel Island. I had no idea. And not to mention, the last time I saw Blaze. I was fighting her on purpose."

She closed her eyes. "I have done so many awful things. I feel so bad about it."

"Amy. Don't worry. These are our friends we are talking about. Of course, they are all going to forgive you. No need to worry." Sonic comforted her with his words. "Besides, I will be there with you now. So, you won't be as nervous. And if you feel anxious about any of it, I will be there with you to talk to or just stand with you in your presence." He said. "It's no big deal. I promise you everything will be okay."

"Alright, Sonic," Amy said. "If you say so. Okay, here goes," Amy pulled down the door knob and opened the door. Sonic followed her, with walking aside her so that she could be comfortable.

All of their friends were downstairs in the living room. A small rabbit ran up to Amy. "Amy! You're finally back! I'm so glad to see you!" She hugged her. "Oh~!" she broke down into sobs. "You're my best friend. I've missed you soooo much!" Lots of tears streamed out of her face.

A blue chao appeared and flew to Amy. "Cheese missed you too! We both thought we would never see you again!"

"Chao! Chao!" Cheese said.

Amy hugged Cheese and Cream back. "I've missed you too. I love you and Cheese, Cream, very much."

They then broke the hug. "Wow, Cream." Amy looked at Cream. "You've gotten taller and you look much older since the last time we saw each other."

"Yeah. I'm not 6 anymore. I'm 11 years old now." Cream said.

"Oh, I see. It's great that you matured for your age. Good for you, you're on your way of becoming a nice young lady." Amy complimented.

"My, Amy Rose." Vanilla said. "It warms my heart to hear the news that you were still alive. I thought you were gone." She pulled out a handkerchief to wipe her tears away. "You don't have any idea, how happy I am to see you, my dear."

"I'm so happy to see you, Ms. Vanilla," Amy hugged Cream's mom. "Don't you worry, I'm safe and I'm doing well now."

------

"Blaze."

"Amy!"

"I'm glad you're back." Blaze said to Amy. "I see that you're back to your old self again."

"Yeah, me too." Amy spoke to her. "I know the last time I saw you, that we were fighting. And I'm sorry for doing that, for attacking you when I wasn't myself because I used to be involved with Scourge."

"That's alright. I forgive you," Blaze said. "I could tell that you weren't yourself that time. I'm glad that you are back to normal now." She put her hand on top of Amy's shoulder to assure her that what she was saying was true. "That's all that really matters now."

"Aww, Blaze~!" Amy hugged Blaze. "it feels so good to be back home."

When she was done talking to the purple cat, she went to talk to the princess of Mobius. "Hi, Sally." She awkwardly smiled at her.

"Amy." Sally was happy to see her friend. "I see that you're back now."

"Yeah, anyways. I have to apologize for how I acted when I snuck into your ball with Scourge because we were originally there, planning to steal some precious gems from the Acorn castle. But in the end, we decided to not steal anything."

Amy went down on her knees and put her head down towards the direction facing Princess Sally. "I'm so sorry for my actions. I'm not involved with Scourge or Fiona anymore. My days of that are finally over. Forgive me, Princess. But if you wouldn't mind, I would like to become a Freedom Fighter again. If that's alright with you?"

She looked up at Sally's blue eyes to make eye contact with her. "If not, I understand. It is your decision, after all since you are the leader of the whole team."

"Oh, my." Sally said. "Amy, you don't have to be so rough on yourself." she said. "You don't have to bow down to me, even if I am the princess of Mobius. We're close friends. You don't have to be so formal with me."

Amy stopped bowing down to her and stood up, while still listening to her. "I really appreciate your honesty with me and for speaking up for yourself on your side, since you have been gone long. And for that, I will politely accept your apology. And I forgive you, since you have shown me that you are willing to make up for your past mistakes."

Sally then put her hand out to Amy. "As Princess of Mobius, I here by say that you are officially a full member of the Freedom Fighters again!"

After she said that, Sonic and the rest of his friends at his get-together all cheered in excitement, clapped, and smiled at the two, happy to see that Amy is now back with them. And how she is a Freedom Fighter once again.