Chapter 9- A Sal To Search With

"Tails, thank you for understanding my absence." Sonic said to Tails. "on why I want to go look for Amy."

"No problem."

"And please, don't let everyone worry about me. Tell them I'm going to be just fine." The blue hedgehog patted the fox's head. "I promise I will be back, buddy."

"Mmhmm." Tails nodded his head, and became teary-eyed. "Oh Sonic!" He ran into his chest to hug his brother. "I'm going to really miss you."

Sonic hugged him back. "I'm going to miss you too, bro," he said, and broke the hug. He crouched down lower to look up at his upset face. "Don't you worry, I'll come back with Amy soon. And then, we'll all celebrate and get together. We'll be happy again. And every one else will then be back to their normal selves." He messed up his yellow bangs with his hand.

"It'll all be good." Sonic got back up. "Well, I guess it's time for me to go now." He went to the front door and opened it. He looked back at Tails at the distance, he winked at him and made a peace sign with his fingers, "Later, bro. I'll be seeing you. Bye, Tails!"

"Goodbye, Sonic!" Tails got his hand and wiped the corner of his watery eyes with it. He smiled and heard Sonic shut the door behind him.

The blue blur was now out of the picture.

Sonic walked farther into the depths of Mobius, where he he had gone some times before on previous adventures. He was walking around and saw a pair of eyes from the shadows.

He looked up at the sky and saw it had gotten dark. It had became night-time. "Hello?" He looked around. "Man, I didn't think my walk would take this long. It's already nightfall, and I have nowhere to sleep or take shelter at." He was being very cautious.

"Hello? Is there anyone out there?" Sonic stopped suddenly when he heard a cracking noise. It was the sound of someone who had stepped on a twig that just snapped into half.

He saw that there was a pair of blue eyes and a dark shadow approached him. He got ready in a defense position, "I'm not afraid to throw the first punch." He said. "Show yourself!"

He got startled by who he saw appear in front of him. "Sally!?"

"Sonic!" The chipmunk tackled him into a hug. "Oh my gosh, it's been 5 years!" She smiled back at him. "How has it been?"

Sonic got up and pulled her hands to help her get up too. He dusted himself off as she put her hand out, while looking at him. "It's been quite the bumpy ride, I would say. It's been rough."

"How have you been?" He asked her. "And what brings you in this part of Mobius?" He was talking to Princess Sally Acorn. She was his ex-girlfriend.

Him and Sally had dated before in the past and were actually on good terms with each other. He had broken up with her, because he said that he thinks it would be best that they were just friends--and they did leave it at that. They were both great friends.

"I've been doing good." She said. "And what brings me to this part of Mobius, you say?" She nervously smiled. "This is going to sound silly to you." She said. "But when I'm too stressed with my duties as princess, I like to escape from my castle and run away here into the wild of nature." She put her hands behind her back. "It's a pretty neat thing to do? Huh?"

"So this is like your secret sanctuary?" Sonic said. "That's sweet!" He said. "And that sounds like the Sally, I know and love." He winked at her.

Sally giggled. "Oh, it's so good to see you, blue." She said. "I can't believe it's really been 5 years. That's such a long time." She said. "And what are you doing out here, on your own?" She asked. "Shouldn't you be with Tails or be off on some crazy adventure, like usual?"

Sonic scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, about that. It has been rough for me, for all these years, for all this time." He said. "I'm here looking for Amy."

"Amy?" Sally said. "Is she okay?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen her in 5 years, Sal. That's why I'm worried about her." Sonic put his head down in shame. "It's all my fault, she's gone and left."

"Why? Why is it your fault?" Sally said. "How could you say such a thing!?" She said. "She's been missing for that long and you didn't report her as missing to the police, the Acorn Kingdom, or to me--?" She was sad to know that a friend of her's was missing. "We all at least could of helped you with trying to find her."

"We didn't report her as missing. Me and my friends wanted to look for her, ourselves." Sonic said. "We didn't want to bother anyone about her absence, or else many would be worried."

Sally saw that he was being serious with the expression that was held in his eyes. "Besides, it's my fault she's gone. That she left."

"But why? Why would you say such a thing?" Sally slowly walked up to him.

~~~~~
"And now I realize I have feelings for her, right when it's too late..'cause she already left years ago."  Sonic said. "I want nothing more than to be with her. I love Amy."

Sally felt sad for Sonic. "Sonic, I'm so sorry." She said, with tears in her eyes. "It really hurts loving someone, you can't be with? Who, you can't have? Doesn't it?" She kissed him on his cheek. "I'll help you look for Amy." She said. "And she's my friend too. I want to know, if she's okay." She said.

"Thanks, Sal." Sonic said. "You're a great friend."