Chapter 20- The Night Escape

What Sonic thought was a nap, didn't turn out to be when he had fallen asleep for the night next to Amy. Amy woke up and felt a pair of arms hugging her. She blushed because it felt like a warm comfort of love that she hadn't felt in such a long time.

She opened her eyes and saw that it was a sleeping blue hedgehog hugging her instead. It was Sonic. She wasn't happy that he was next to her. She didn't even want to touch his hands or arms, it just made her feel so awkward about it because at one point she use to have feelings for him.

She didn't know what to do. Her body felt physically nervous, like her hands felt like they were shaking. Then, she felt Sonic's hand caress her pink quills. He then mumbled in a dreamy state while he was asleep, "Amy, I--"

"Hmm?" Amy said. "Why is he saying my name?" She had enough of Sonic sleeptalking and sleephugging her. So, she got the guts to summon her Piko Piko hammer and she hit him hard that he flew across the room.

Sonic's body hit the wall and he fell down on the floor and woke up. "Ow," he said, scratching his head. "Why does this hurt so much? Did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I--"

Amy got her hammer and stood in front of him. She put the top of her hammer below Sonic's chin. She glared at him in anger, "That was my Piko Piko Hammer greeting you a very hard-headed bad morning."

Sonic sweat dropped. "Oh gee, Amy...what did I do?" Sonic put his hands out.

Amy was mad at Sonic. "I do NOT like waking up to seeing you lay down in bed next to me. And to see you, hugging me from behind and mumbling my name in your sleep!"

"Woah, woah. I did what?" Sonic said. "Look, the thing is that yesterday I went to go check on you and I was tired. And I wanted to take a short nap, but I didn't know it ended up being longer than a nap." He smiled, nervously.

"Ugh!" Amy clenched her teeth in anger. "Why did you have to do that to me!?"

"Hey-HEY! I didn't know! And it's my room, my bed too!" Sonic shouted at her. "Look, let's just forget about this."

"Fine." Amy took her hammer away from Sonic's chin and she backed away a bit to make some space for Sonic to stand back up.

"Now that's out the way, are you feeling any better?" Sonic asked. "Do you need anything?"

Amy opened her mouth, about to speak. But she stopped herself from speaking when she thought to herself in her head, 'Wait. I can't tell him that I'm already feeling better, or else I know that he's going to get me to try to stay here and not leave. I need to lie to him, and plan my escape because I don't want him coming after me.'

"I--" Amy said. "You know what?..I still feel a little sick, I'm going to lay down for now." She went to lay back down on Sonic's bed.

"Oh, okay. What do you want?"

"Well, what do you have to eat?"

"Hmm..well..."

"Do you have ice cream? Maybe, that will make me feel better since it's cold to eat."

"Yeah, we have strawberry ice cream." Sonic went to the door. "I'll come back and give you some." He left.

Now that Sonic was out, Amy got up from the bed. "Great, now is my chance." She sprinted towards the window and picked up her hammer that was on the floor. "I have to move fast, because Sonic is fast." She opened up the window and jumped out of it. She felt back into bushes.

She started running away into the forest.

Sonic went back to his room, he was holding a strawberry ice cream in a cone in one hand. 'Hey, Amy, I put your ice cream in a cone because I thought it would easier for you to eat it that way. I--" He said. Then he noticed that the window was left open and that Amy wasn't on the bed. "Amy!" He shouted in shock that he dropped the ice cream cone onto the floor that it fell with a large SPLAT! noise.

"She's gone." Sonic said. "She must of already felt better that she probably lied to me about it, so that she could leave secretly. Darn it!" He looked out the window, "I don't see her in any sight. She must of already left." He closed his window and proceeded to head downstairs.

But before he could do that, he looked down at the fallen ice cream cone splattered on his floor. "And I'll clean that later." He walked downstairs, "Right now, I have to go tell Tails about this."