Chapter 19- The Overnight Stay

"Hey, Sonic." Tails said to Sonic. "How's Amy, doing? Has she woken up yet?"

Sonic made eye contact with the two tailed fox. "No, not at all. I think she's still sleeping? I don't think she has woken up yet. But I'll make sure to check up on her," he picked up his house phone. "Right after I tell Sally, that I found her." He dialed a number.

As Sonic was making a call to Princess Sally on the phone, Tails walked away. "Oh, okay, Sonic. And if you need me or anything, I'll be in my workshop."

As a response, Sonic gave Tails a thumbs up, showing him a sign that he's doing good.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"Hello?" Sonic said on the phone.

"Hello, this is Princess Sally. How may I be of any assistance today?"

Hearing that familiar female voice on the phone, Sonic couldn't  help but chuckle. "Wow, Princess. You don't have to be so formal with me. It's just your friend, Sonic the hedgehog."

"Sonic?" Sally said. "Oh my Mobius." She giggled. "I didn't know it was you. I wasn't expecting a call from you. Anyways, is there any reason why you're calling me?"

"Yes. There actually is." Sonic said. "I'm going to wrap this up, real quick, but I wanted to call you to tell you that I found Amy. She's at my house, sleeping."

"You found Amy?"

"Yes, I did."

"That's good news. How did you find her?"

"Oh well, it's a long story. But I'll tell you, later...since I have to check up on her right now. Bye."

"Bye." Sonic ended the call and went upstairs to check on Amy. Amy was laying down on the bed, she still had her eyes closed. Until she opened them up to see Sonic looking at her from across the room. "AHHHHH!" Amy screamed in shock. "What am I doing here!? I refuse to be in the same room with you, Sonic." She rolled her eyes at him.

"I've got to get out of here!" Amy moved the blanket aside from her and threw it on the bed and got up.

"Woah, calm down!" Sonic was standing near the door of the room, watching her move.

"I am NOT going to calm down!" Amy started walking fast. "I am leaving."

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Sonic said, making a hand gesture to her.

"Yeah, right. Like I'm going to listen to you." Amy said in a sarcastic tone. She speedwalked and was about to go to the door until she started to feel dizzy and lightheaded. She was about to fall onto the floor.

However she didn't, since Sonic was fast enough to catch her in time. "I tried telling you. But you wouldn't listen to me." He said.

He was staring at Amy's face. She got nervous since he was staring at her. "W-what are you doing?"

Sonic put her back on the bed. She was laying down, wondering what he was up to. "Hmm.." He put his gloved hand on top of her forehead. "Your temperature." he said, "it's now a little bit warm. You still have a fever, like Tails said you might still have."

He took his hand away. "Look, Amy," he said. "I know you don't like this. I know you don't like being here. But you're going to have to stay here a bit, if you want to get better. I can't just have you running around while you have a fever. That's no good."

"Fine. I will stay. But only so that I could get better. But that's it!" Amy crossed her arms and looked away so that she doesn't have to be facing him.

"Okay. Anyways, do you need anything? Like food? Water? I can go get you some. I don't mind it."

"Um, some food would be nice."

"Alright." Sonic started walking. "I'll be right back. I'm also going to give you a wet cloth to put on your forehead that should reduce that fever of your's." He left the room. He came back with a plate of sandwiches. And a cloth he had put in cold water. "I'll put the cloth on you, when you're done eating your food."

-----

"So, how is Amy?" Tails asked Sonic.

"She's okay. I gave her food. And her fever seems to be going down."

"That's great, Sonic." Tails said, standing in his workshop. "But the thing is, I don't know what we're going to do when she's done recovering. Since she was with Scourge and Fiona. And how it's been a long time since we haven't seen her again."

"Yeah, me neither. I understand. It's confusing and complicated. I don't know what we're going to do either about her." Sonic said. "I just want her to stay with us, you know?...like the old days."

"Yeah, me too." Tails agreed.

"Well, I'm going to go check on Amy again." Sonic went back to his room. He saw that Amy was sleeping in his bed. He took the cloth off her forehead and placed it at the top of the dresser.

He sat down on top of his bed, watching her sleep. "If only you could stop hating on me, so I could tell you that I--" He began to yawn. "Woah, I'm tired. He looked at Amy resting and he layed down next to her. "I'll just take one nap here and go sleep back in the living room." He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.