Chapter 6- 5 Years Have Passed

"Nope, there's no sign of her, here." Blaze said, with Silver by her side as they were outside searching.

'It's been 5 years and we still haven't found Amy. It's become a tradition for all of us, including me to go on search parties each month to hope that we may find her some day.' Sonic thought to himself. 'I'm starting to get really worried about her. She's never been gone this long, unless we were playing Hide In Go Seek when we were kids, which felt like time was infinite.'

~~~~~
Sonic ran around the woods. "Amy! Where are you!?" He shouted. "Come on, it's getting dark. We have to go."

Amy was hiding behind a tree and she giggled. Thunder stroke it and she shrieked in fear. "Ahhhh! SONIC!" She appeared and ran over to him.

She hugged his chest. "Can we go now? You know, I don't like thunder." She pouted her lip.

"Oh, alright." Sonic  said. "If that's what you want. Let's go, then." He carried her and ran fast.
~~~~~
"Guys, it's getting dark out here." Sonic said. "I think we should call it a night." He told Blaze and Silver.

"Yeah, he's right," Blaze said. "Come on, Silver. It's time to go."

Silver walked ahead of them, which left Blaze to talk to Sonic alone. "I'm sorry, Sonic, that we didn't find her this time," Blaze said. "I know how much you miss her and how you're really sorry for your past actions towards her."

Sonic had no words. He was speechless. "If it makes you feel any better, we'll keep on searching for her more. If you'd like?" Suggested Blaze.

"No, that's okay," Sonic looked down on the ground, hiding his sadness. "We've been doing this for so long, for years. I think it's time that everyone else stops. Stops searching for Amy."

"Stop looking for Amy!?" Blaze said. "But we can't do that! She's our friend! We've been searching for her, for years!"

"Yes. 5 years, to be exact." Sonic had his back turned so that Blaze wouldn't see the angry look on his face. "It's been too long." He kicked a rock on the ground. "We're not going to find her."

"Yes, we will!" Blaze shouted through tears. "We have to! We have to keep on hoping! That's the only thing we can do." She started crying. "You don't think we all miss her, too? I do miss Amy. But we have to keep on doing this..for her." She put her hands in her pockets. "If not, what else can we do?"

Sonic turned the other way to face Blaze. "Then.. we should just GIVE UP!" He said. "It's been 5 years already! I can't take it anymore! This is driving me insane like a deadly plague, of having her on my mind every single day, every year.." he said. "Just thinking about her hurts me, and it hurts even hoping that we can bring her back..when we haven't seen her in so long."

"Sonic--" Blaze was cut off.

"Blaze, we should just GIVE up!" Tears flowed out of Sonic's eyes, however he continued shouting--he was just angry and upset that him and his friends still hadn't found Amy at all in years. "We're not going to find her! We've been at this every day, every year! With no sign of her! I think everyone needs a break from searching for her."

"S-Sonic, I'm so sorry, I--"

"I think finding Amy and looking for her, has caused everyone to lose their sanity and has stressed everyone out, thinking that she's going to come back...when she's not, including myself."

"I'm so sorry, Sonic," Blaze hugged Sonic. "I didn't know all of this to do with Amy, has hurt you so much." She wiped her tear away with her finger.

"If you really mean what you say," she was sad. "I'll go tell the others to stop searching for her, if it means that much for you...that way we can go back to living our lives without that empty void of sadness."

"Thank you, Blaze."

Blaze nodded. "And if you ever need anything else, don't be afraid to call me, Sonic. Don't forget, I'm here for you."

"Sure." Sonic said. "Thanks again, Blaze."