Chapter 18- There's No Need

Tails and Sonic were just standing outside side by side all awkwardly in a quiet silence. The only thing that was heard was the sound of crickets chirping. "So..." Sonic said, outloud.

He looked down at Amy, laying in his arms. "We should probably head back inside and put Amy to rest or something. So we're not just standing here all awkwardly outside, Tails. Right?"

"Oh, yeah." Tails said. "Right." He began walking. "Let's go." He looked back at Sonic. "I'll open the door for you. Don't worry." He said.

"Okay, thanks buddy." Tails opened the door as Sonic walked in.

~~~~~
"So, Scourge." Fiona said. "How did I do?" She walked up to Scourge's throne that he was sitting in.

"You did good, Fi," Scourge lowered down his shades to look at her eyes.

Fiona blushed and grinned with the eye contact she got from him. "Anyways." She walked around his throne, in a seductive state, wanting to get his attention. She sat down on top of his lap and put her hand on top of his chest. "I dunno. If suppose, we can get just... Maybe...maybe get back together?" She cupped Scourge's cheeks and kissed him.

Scourge got mad at her. "No, how many times do I have to tell you!?" He pushed her away from himself and she fell back onto the floor.

"But, Scourge." Fiona said. "We ditched Amy. So, that means she's no longer one of us, right?"

"Yes, I know what we did. I know that we ditched Amy." Scourge said. "And what else, was I supposed to do? If I hadn't, Sonic would of picked a fight with me that looks like he was definitely going to. And we already had what we needed, which was the chaos emerald."

"Yeah? But--" Fiona was cut off.

"And I know Amy is most likely still at Sonic's? Do you really think, she's easily going to change back to her old self? Of course not, since she's one of us...so she'll eventually find her way back to us on her own." Scourge said. "And I'm not worried about it at all."

"Scourge." Fiona said. "I want to get back together with you. Please? Just like the old days, where it's just you and I?"

"You and I?" Scourge said. He chuckled and threw off his shades to the floor. "There is no..'YOU AND I'. I am the only one I need, it's me, myself, and I. There is no in between." He got off his throne and walked past her.

"I don't need you, anymore, Fiona. You're of no use to me. I don't want you anymore. I want you to leave and never come back. You're no longer, welcome here." He said. "So pack your things, and go."

As he walked away from the distance, Fiona dropped down to her knees and broke down in sobs. "I--Why Scourge? Why do you have to do this to me?" She was crestfallen. "I love you. I just wanted to be back with you, again. But now, you don't even want me anymore. You just want her." Tears fell down her eyes.