Chapter 43- Out Of The Blue

"Hey, where's Amy?" Sonic asked.

"She left early in the morning." Tails said.

"Where did she go?"

"I don't know. Maybe she went back to her house?"

Sonic opened the door. "Sonic! Wait!" Shouted Tails. "Where are you going!?"

"I'm doing what I should of done a long time ago." Sonic said. "I'm going to go tell Amy how I feel about her!" He then ran off into a blue blur.

He went to Amy's house. "Amy?" He knocked on the door and heard no answer. There was no reply, so he opened the door and went inside. "Are you here? I need to talk to you."

He searched all around and saw nothing. "She's not here. Where could she be?" He walked out and went back outside.

"I hope she didn't leave again." He started walking into the forest. Suddenly, it started raining a lot. "I hope that I'm not too late."

He heard a crack of thunder and got startled. "Amy!"

"Sonic?" Amy was standing behind a tree so she was trying to not get wet with the rain drops. "Sonic!" She started running towards him.

"Amy!" Sonic did the same, running after her. "I've been looking all over for you." He was now standing in front of Amy while the rain poured down on them.

"Sonic. What are you doing here?" Amy didn't know why Sonic was outside in the rain like she was.

"I would like to ask you the same question." Sonic asked. "Since I saw that you weren't at your house."

"I just came outside by myself to take a nature walk." Amy said. "Then, it started raining and I got scared of the thunder so I went behind a tree. Then, you showed up."

"Oh," Sonic said.

"Anyways, why were you looking all over for me?"

"I was looking for you because I need to talk to you about something."

"Talk to me? About what?"

"Now, that I have the chance to be alone with you." Sonic said. "I want to say that I'm so sorry for hurting you in the past, with playing around with your feelings with that dumb prank I did to you. I'm really sorry, for breaking your heart so much that it made you run away and be gone for all those years, for making you become someone that you're not that you had to be with Scourge. But, I am truly sorry for everything that has happened between us. I was an idiot. I was immature, back then."

Amy wasn't expecting to hear an apology from Sonic. "I wasn't considering how you feel. I didn't know that your feelings for me were serious. With all the time I had with you not being here and that letter you left for me to read; it really made me rethink my past actions on how I mistreated you. It made me regret hurting you. It really made me regret what I did to you. But ever since you were gone, I have matured and I have truly changed. I'm telling you the truth, Ames."

Sonic hold Amy's hand. "For those 5 years of you being gone, I still tried to go find you every single day, no matter how much it killed me in the inside. It made me sad to not see you anymore, I thought you were gone forever. And I blamed myself for all of it. With all the time in the world I had with you not being around and the letter. It always opened up my eyes, it made me realize that I did have all these feelings for you Amy. It made me regret losing you."

"I wanted to tell you how I feel now because I really love you, Amy Rose," Sonic pulled Amy's hand, pulling her in for a kiss. He kissed Amy on her lips, while the rain drenched their hedgehog quills. "You're the only girl, I have eyes for. I want you."

Amy couldn't believe her eyes. She was so speechless from hearing Sonic's declaration of love for her. "S-Sonic." she blushed. "I--Uh. I wasn't expecting you to say that to me or to kiss me."

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. You're so beautiful." Sonic said. "I wanted to kiss you."

Amy blushed more at his compliment to her.

"That's all I wanted to tell you how I really feel about you. Now, I want to know if you feel the same way. If you don't feel the same about me, then I completely understand. I will respect you and your decision, and I will still be friends with you, if you want to."

"Sonic," Amy said. "I think I do still have feelings for you. It's just that I wasn't expecting you to confess to me, out of the blue. This is so much for me to take in. It feels so weird for me because I have been waiting for this day for so long, waiting for you to maybe feel the same about me. Now, that is actually happening, I have a loss of words. I don't know how to react to this."

She kissed Sonic's cheek. "But I do believe you. I think you really have changed and matured, like you have said. And I forgive you, for hurting me in the past. I accept your apology. Let's just leave everything and start all over again. It will be a new beginning for us."

"So, you're saying that you want to reconcile with me?" Asked Sonic. "Do you want to go out with me?"

"Yes. And I do want to reconcile with you." Amy put her hand out. "I just have one condition."

"A condition? And that would be?" Sonic was curious on what Amy's condition was.

"I will let you go out with me, but I want you to take it slow with me this time and not rush anything. I still feel hurt from Scourge, so I would appreciate it and be more comfortable if we took our relationship slow this time. And so that I can start fully trusting you again. If you don't mind?"

"Yeah, I know going fast is my thing." Sonic said. "But I will go slow this time for you." He hugged her. "I understand if you need time to heal from what happened. Just remember that I will be here for you. And everything is going to be okay."

"Thank you, Sonic." Amy hugged him back. They kissed again. After their kiss was over, they noticed that it wasn't raining anymore.

"Hey, it stopped raining." Sonic looked up into the sky.

"It looks so beautiful." Amy said. "Look! There's a rainbow! And the sun is out," she pointed to the rainbow that was on the sunny sky.

"Yeah, it looks like so nice." Sonic said. He picked up Amy.

"Sonic," The pink hedgehog said.

"Yeah?"

"I want to let you know that I love you, for who you are." Amy smiled at him.

"Me, too. I love you, Ames."

"Now, where are we going?" Sonic started running while carrying her.

"Don't you want to know what is at the end of the rainbow? It could be something interesting. You never know."

"Yeah, but rainbows never end. There is no end of it. Just like our love. But to the end of the rainbow, it is."

"And here we go. We're off to our first date." Sonic said, continuing to run off, as Amy giggled happily with feeling the wind blow through her hair and feeling the warm embrace of the blue blur that she loved.

THE END.