Chapter 35. All Was Well

Dumbledore stood in front of the whole school, that was gathered outside at the ground of Hogwarts, to celebrate the graduation of a new generation. All the students and all the professors were there, to celebrate us and our achievements. We were all sitting in our house tables, and us, the graduates were sitting close to one another at the front. Dumbledore was smiling at us as he moved his wand towards his neck and opened his mouth to speak.

"Today has come yet another day when we celebrate the immense success of our wonderful students. We have known you for seven years now, and during those seven years a lot has happened," he began.

I smiled and looked at Lily, while squeezing her hand a little. She already had tears of happiness in her eyes, which made me chuckle. "Magic is something we all share and will always share. Magic has everything you could ever dream about and more. It's something we have been blessed with, something we have to use to causes that are good. With magic you can achieve everything you have ever dreamed about and graduating from here is just a part of it. But as we all know, a war is upon us. With magic and the skills you have learned from here, you will defend those you love. Do not ever give into the temptation of the dark side," Dumbledore said while looking at all of us.

"So enjoy this time before the real dark times. Do the things you have dreamed about after graduating and live...that's the most important thing of them all. So without further ado. Class of 1978, please stand," he ordered, and we did as we were told.

"Wait...where's James?" I whispered to Lily, who also seemed to notice his absence. "And where's Remus?" Alice also muttered.

"Oh no..." I sighed, realising that the four Marauders were missing.

"Are they planning something?!" Lily asked panicked.

But before any of us were able to continue Dumbledore began again. "Congratulations, you have now graduated from Hogwarts, the school for wizard and witches!" he announced. This made every attendant rise up from their seats as well and start to clap at us. But this non-chaotic moment could only last for so long.

Soon enough a voice cleared their throat, gaining everyone's attention. We all looked to the back of the tables and saw a familiar figure standing there, with a suit on. "Oh my god," Alice said shocked.

"Dear fellow graduates!" Sirius started while also having his wand on his neck. He then continued to jump on one of the table, gaining some excited shouts. "Since we are now graduating and leaving Hogwarts, hopefully for good, me and the Marauders though that we should present you with a parting gift!" he smirked and looked to the side. "So enjoy! Hit it Peeves!"

We all looked as Peeves put on the record player and soon music echoed around us. Some professors were shocked when three other figures appeared to their stand. Dumbledore was amused while McGonagall looked like she could faint from anger.

"They are not going to sing!" Lily said while holding her hands over her eyes, too embarrassed to even look. I laughed and looked at James who also had his wand close to his neck. With the right beat of the music, he started to sing the lyrics to ABBA's song; When I kissed the teacher. Students around us started to cheer and clap, enjoying every part of their epic performance.

They were doing ridiculous dance movements, while escaping from McGonagall, who was eventually held by Dumbledore, who was having more fun than anyone else. "This is amazing!!" Alice laughed, while the rest of us joined her and moved closer to the stand.

The boys sand the song best they could, having the energy every goof performer needed. They hyped us up, acting like they were a real band. Everyone went crazy and enjoyed this amazing moment, knowing that it was something that they would never get to see again.