Chapter 17. Dreaming

I hadn't felt this cold in the longest of times. Do you remember those times when you were forced to go outside to do the snow by your parents, and when you came inside, it felt like your whole body was so cold that nothing could warm you up?

It felt like that...expect the feeling was trice the same as that feeling. If I were to breathe out now, only ice would come out. And this whole sensation made me wonder, if this is how being dead feels like. It must be, because when that happens, all the warmness escapes your body like it was never there. And if you are like this long enough, you start to endure the coldness to the point where you can't feel it anymore...and that is the scary part.

"Now you understand how I feel," the voice began, sending shivers down my already shivering body.

There was only darkness before me, but it didn't take a lot for me to recognise that voice, that I had heard before. It was the voice I had heard back at the lake, where I almost drowned and had also met my mother.

This voice belonged to the Dark Lord...Lord Voldemort.

"It feels like this when you have given up almost everything for the only thing you want in life...you know my desire...everyone knows my desire," the voice slithered near to my ear, making me want to leap to the side, but I was frozen to the spot I was standing in.

"Power is a tricky thing to those who don't know what to do with it. It only shows it true match to those whore are ready to risk it all just for one thing...for people like us."

But I'm not one of those people!

"Not now you are not...but you could be. If you would let me show you what you truly are, no one could step against you and I...we could be great together," he continued with a low tone.

What was he talking about?

"Oh how it amuses me that you don't have the slightest idea of what I'm talking about. Your mother could have had it as well, but it skipped over her for her being too sentimental and emotional...your grandparents thought it would skip you as well, considering how your father was...but the day you were born, they knew that you had it in you."

Is this your way to lure me into you, because if it is it's not working on me because-!

"Patience little one," he quickly cut me. "Different sides of power have always interested me greatly. There are different ways to keep up the power you already have and harness all the power you yet don't have. There are different spells, objects, drugs...special humans. Do you know what they are called?"

Are you seriously talking about Veneficas?

His chuckle echoed in the place I was in. "Very good...and you know what they are?"

Venefica...in some legends believed to be a sorceress or a healer or even a vengeful spirit.

"And an old legends tell us that those people harness a very special type of power in them. Veneficas are created by the purest of blood, where the emotions of a true witch and a wizard are met by the power itself. And thus this child is the legitimate form of the power that could grow even stronger. Normally this power comes out when the child turns of age, but in legends, when a Venefica turns into it's animal form, they get this power in a tiny way, which only grows bigger with time and with-"

And with anger.

"Indeed. Veneficas' animal form can be whatever, but whatever it is, it can be the most powerful one of its kind. For example it can be a dragon, a tiger, a horse, an eagle, a snake or...a lion."