Chapter 29. Would you be kind enough to-?

*SIRIUS' POV.*

I stared at the roof of my bedroom and studied the chandelier that was hanging from it. Compared to my biological parents, who are far richer than the Potters, the Potters have always had superior taste when it comes to things like decorations. It grew up in a house that was always so grim, no colours anywhere no bright lights anywhere, just darkness and coldness. But at the Potter manor, I always felt so warm and welcome. Especially during times like Christmas.

My eyes moved to the clock by the bedside table and since it was already 6 in the morning, I decided it was enough for me to start my day, for I had not been able to sleep almost at all. My mind was occupied with thoughts of so many things. Suddenly realising that there wasn't that much time left for this school year, which meant that there was only one year left after this. Just the idea scared me a little. Of course I was excited for the future and a certain freedom that came with it, but there were so many things I hadn't thought about. Since I inherit nothing from my parents now, I have no liable income. How am I supposed to move out from the Potter manor when I have no money to support myself? I will get myself a job as an Aurora, but the training will take some time...becoming adult is just such a scary thought. Will all the pranks stop? Will I perhaps grow up to become like my father...oh no way, I won't ever let that happen!

But mostly my mind was constantly occupied with a certain someone. I was now in the same building as she was. She lived under the same roof as I did, and I was so close to her, even now. But I still feel like I'm no where close to her, not the way I want to be.

Aurora was the one I decided to ask out for the ball as my date. I kept on thinking about it for so long, about what to say and what to do to convince her. I was so nervous and practised for quite some time, which is nothing like me. The King of mischief doesn't get nervous!

Yet she's the only one that can make me feel like that. Merlin, I would do whatever she tells me to...she could completely destroy me, and I would be okay with it. She has so much control over me, and she doesn't even know.

But my plans never go the way I want with her. I always become such a mess in front of her and can never confess anything to her properly. She probably still thinks that I think of her as a sister, even after I gave her the locket, which should give out quite a lot about my feelings towards her. But every time I have tried to confess something to her, it's never the right moment, and it's infuriating. For once I would like everything to go just perfect with her, but I don't know what that would do to my heart. Just seeing her makes my heartbeat like there's no tomorrow. When she smiles I feel like I'm about to faint and when she plays with her hair I-...

I sighed gently and pulled my hand through my hair and stood up from my bed. I put on my jumper and walked towards my room door. I opened the door and peeked into the hallway. All around me was silent and the early morning was just making its way into the Potter manor. I started walking down the hallway, slowly making my way towards the huge double staircase. Everything was so beautifully decorated for the Christmas, which just happened to be today. I was so grateful to have the opportunity to spend the Christmas with the Potters.

My stomach crumbled while I stepped down the last few steps and continued my way towards the kitchen. Just then a very delicious smell caught my nose, making my stomach crumble even more. Was someone already awake? Was Euphemia already starting to make the servings for the Christmas dinner?

I noticed that the kitchen door was open, making me able to see fully inside. I stopped moving and quickly hid hallway behind the door. I peeked in more and watched carefully as the person inside was teaching some of the house-elves how to decorate the gingerbread-men beautifully. She smiled at their helpless expressions but continued to teach them patiently.