Chapter 5. Help

Water splashed against my face, making it feel like ice, as I soared through the rain, trying to stay focused on what was happening around me. I could see players dressed in red and gold colours, trying their best to score anything at this godly awful weather. I hadn't been able to see the snitch once after madam Hootch had send it to the air, but what made me feel better was the fact that the Hufflepuff seeker was even lost than I was.

"Come on!!" James shouted at us, "We can do this!" he encouraged.

Just then the Quaffle was taken from the poor Hufflepuff player and soon our team moved into a format and soared towards the three rings at the front. One of the other chasers threw the Quaffle to our captain and as James had it in his hands, with all his power, he threw the Quaffle straight though the middle ring, sending all the supporting Gryffindors into a loud cheer.

"Yes!" I cheered excitedly.

"Gryffindor scores again! Hufflepuff is still on the lead with ten points, leading the game with 60 points in total. Now that Gryffindor has lost their keeper, it's hard to tell will they recover. It seems that it's all up between Aurora Blue and Jonathan Sky," the commentator announced.

James flew quickly over to me. "Seen the snitch?" he asked impatiently.

I smirked a little. "You would have been able to tell if I had. It's hiding now."

He just shook his head amused. "Well try to find it quickly. We all want this game to end and-"

"Gotta go!" I shouted and soared right past James, after the sneaky little bastard. Even though it was rather gloomy, and the rain was making everything worse, I was still able to see the snitch through everything. It was almost as if it was trying to make me slip off my broom, when it was doing all sort of movements, but I wasn't intending to give up. Not at least now when Jonathan had joined me for the hunt.

He flew right next to me and shot a mean looking glare at me. See?! This is what I mean when I say that not all the house members have the same stereotypes!

With his power he tried to knock me over my broom, but I wasn't giving in yet. "That snitch is mine!" he shouted and quickly kicked me to the left, this time making me let go of my grip and fall downwards with my broom. But before I was able to fall completely off, I was able to steady myself. I huffed and looked at Jonathan who was dangerously getting close to the snitch.

"Come on Aurora," I muttered to myself and once more was on the go towards the golden dot. Jonathan was more than surprised to see that I had actually covered from his attempt, and he also saw that I was now angry. He gulped as I flashed him a dashing smirk. "Better not mess with the wrong girl," I grinned and without him realizing it, I quickly turned my broom so that I was flying right on top of him. I saw that the snitch wasn't going from side to side anymore, and then purposely let myself fall to the front, so I was holding the front of the broom with my left hand, and then quickly taking a hold of the flying snitch.

"Unbelievable!! A stunner move from the Gryffindor seeker! Gaining 150 points, Aurora Blue brings the Gryffindor into a victory!!" the commentator shouts and people start to cheer. Madam Hootch blows the whistle and the game officially ends. I gracefully land to the ground, the snitch tightly in my hand.

I'm greeted with a tight hug from none other than James. "What in the Merlin's bear was that?!" he exclaims sounding super thrilled. The rest of the team makes it to us, cheering my name.

"Well done Aurora!!" my other team members shout, making me genuinely smile at our victory.

I lift up the snitch and they all start clapping. "Oh I'm so happy to have you back!" James grind and hugs me again.