Chapter 13. Not Now

I let out a tired sigh as I moved my school books over from my lap and fell backwards onto my bed. My eyes closed immediately and as soon as I was able to think something else than the upcoming school year, my mind flew back to what had happened on Diagon Alley just a few days ago.

There were many unanswered questions on my mind, but the one that I had asked myself many times, was why he didn't just attack me? Why didn't Oliver just attack me then and there and get it over with. Yes, we both knew that it would have brought too much attention and it was during the daytime...but why did he have to leave me with yet another question?!

"Do you still wonder who it was, that is to blame for us being able to find you and your family's location? It was supposed to be a secret...but we were able to cast a location spell even so. You must just know remind yourself with this question that is still a mystery to you...and if you wish to seek more answers...let us know, for surely you would want to know who was the one to betray you," My voice repeated into the silence of my own room.

Was this their plan now? To make me interested in this matter again, to make me contact them, because if it was...I think they are quite successful with it.

Because my mind hasn't been able to rest with this question laying unanswered. During my grandparents' and my uncle's obsession over me, we moved into the house where I mostly grew up. It was in a location no one knew, except a few trusted people. But those people could not even be questioned by their loyalty. Because those people were the Potters. They were the ones my parents trusted the most. That's how James was able to visit me during time to time and that just showed how close our families were. That's how Fleamont found me in the woods, because he worked at the Ministry and the Ministry had send him to search for me, since he was the one to know the true location. And this promise was also sealed with the unbreakable vow. If one of them had indeed betrayed my parents they would have died...but since they are the one taking care of me right now...I know that it's impossible.

There was no one else my parents shared this secret with. And to them to actually find us two year ago, was just a mystery to me. The Ministry had no leads on the betrayal, and just were on the hunt to look for Oliver and my grandparents, but like I have suspected before, I think that they have secured their freedom in a way of their own, which must be quite a big sum of money.

And with all these questions about this matter, I also still hadn't figured out why I wasn't able to turn to my Animagus form anymore. The first time went so well, but when I was supposed to turn to help Remus during last year in school, I wasn't able to do it. Remus had been helpful enough to look into it with me, but neither of us found any useful information about the problem. So that was also still a mystery to me, just like everything else seemed to be.

And why in Merlin's bear was Regulus Black suddenly interested in me?!

Well I guess his intentions were just to annoy Sirius as much as he could, but there was something in his eyes, when he stared at me on Diagon Alley. He looked at me in a different way, in a way he had never looked at me before. I had met Regulus before, mostly at school, but we had not interacted like that before. I just can not wait what will happen when the Quidditch season starts again, when he and I will be against each other as our team seekers.

I let out a low groan and finally opened my eyes, just in time, when I heard a knock on my door. The door opened, and Euphemia's head peeked inside. She looked at my stressful state and beamed at me. "Come on now dear, you are putting too much pressure on yourself," she said and walked inside, closing the door behind her.

A chuckle left my lips as I stood up to sit on the bed. I looked at the pile of books around me and made room for her to sit next to me on the bed. She sat down and took the nearest book into her hands. "Your career choice is admirable, I never really cared too much about Transfiguration," she admitted, studying the pages.