Chapter 30. A Night to Remember

I sighed happily and looked at the finished look. Lily's beautiful long red hair was in a beautiful hairdo. Some of her hair was up and some of it was neatly put to the right side, curled into loose curls. My eyes moved to the mirror and I beamed at Lily's reflection.

"Do you like it?"

"It's so beautiful, where did you learn how to do something like this?"

I smiled gently and sat down next to her. "Euphemia always wanted to do my hair in New York and one day I asked to teach me, and so I learned. Gosh Lily you look so beautiful," I chimed.

She started to beam and thanked me even more. "You are definitely going to steal the show though," she chuckled and looked at our reflections from the mirror. I did that as well and studied my own reflection.

"Well I think my weird eyes are gonna gain a lot of attention, but that's it."

"Stop it," Lily argued and looked at me. "Yes your eyes are different that what they used to be, but this is you know. To me your eyes have always been beautiful, no matter if they glow or not. Yes, you are going to steal the show, but with your beauty and nothing else," she promised.

A gentle smile crawled onto my face and I studied my appearance more. Euphemia had helped me to do my hair. Since I had chosen blue as my colour, to accompany the dress, I had chosen some silver and blue hairpins. With them we had pulled some of the hair from the front to the back, making my face more visible. My dark brown hair was also gently curled, and my makeup was only gentle, for I didn't need much to accompany the brightness of my eyes.

"I think it's time to put on the dresses," I suggested, and Lily agreed.

We stood up from our seats and walked over to the huge closet at the other side of my room. We pulled out our dresses and with excitement put them on. I helped Lily zip her dress and she did the same to me. After that, we both turned towards the body-length mirror next to us. Both of us were rather chocked to see the final results, but only in a good way.

"James is so going to lose it, you are going to drive him mad," I chuckled amazed by how beautiful Lily looked. Her dress was emerald green, the colour that fit her the most. It was off the shoulder type and was made out of silk. It dropped down her body in a beautiful manner forming a very flattering a-shape to the dress, perfect for dancing.

"Do you think her will really like it?"

I looked at her and beamed at her. "He will like nothing more than this until the day you marry him and wear a wedding dress." This statement made her blush, which only increased her beauty.

Giggle escaped my lips and I looked at my own appearance. Although being very depressed back in New York, I had definitely made the best choice. Now that my eyes were even more blue, nothing fitted me better than the actual colour blue. I felt like I was living in a fairytail. My dress was blue, also off the shoulder type but still had a sweetheart neckline. The top of the dress was rather tight but made the silhouette perfect. From the waist down the skirt had many layers, forming the best ballroom gown I had ever seen. I was wearing the bracelet I had received for my 14th birthday, which fit my silver and blue theme. I had small silver earrings and on top of everything I had decided to wear the locket that Sirius gave me. The locket part was inside the dress, but the chain was visible, in a very flattering and beautiful way.

"We both look so beautiful...and so much mature than ever before...while everything feels perfect, everything also feels a bit scary at the same time," Lily sighed.

"I feel the same way. We are not children anymore and there's no turning back from this moment onwards...we will depute into the adult world, where we'll live for the rest of our lives. But even so," I started and took Lily's hands, looking straight into her eyes. "I'm happy to get to experience this with you and the rest. I have never been more grateful in my whole life. Having you all in my life is more than I could wish for. This night will be a night to remember, so despite what happens tonight, let's cherish it with everything we got."