Chapter 7. Surprises

As time went by and I was finally ready with my research with Remus, the boys were awfully surprised that I had decided to also go through the process. Not intentionally wanting to become an Animagus in the first place, but after seeing how great it could all actually be, if we indeed succeeded with what was promised for following the right steps and doing all the required things.

But as time was already almost ending for this year, we needed to hurry. It was already almost the end of October, which would leave us November as the month for the process. But getting a lightning storm in October, was a different kind of a thing. This all meant busy time with us, an for Remus to endure one more full moon without our help. But even so, there was no certainty that our Animagus forms would even help Remus to begin with. One of us could turn out to be a bird and the other could transform into an ant. Since none of us knew out Patronus charms form, it was impossible for even wonder what our forms would be.

Even with all the business that now was in our lives, I couldn't help what wonder, what I would be thinking about without them. My mind would probably constantly be around my parents and that night. Sometimes during nighttime, I can't help myself of thinking what I could have done differently to prevent all of it from happening. But every time, the nightmares came back to me, telling me that there was nothing I could have done differently. So being able to help my friends with something, really meant a lot to me.

Of course Lily was super suspicious about me spending so much time with the Marauders, but even she let is slide, when getting beaming eye contact with James. It was all so funny to me.

And as everything was finally starting to feel normal again, I remembered something, a thing that didn't even occur to me during all the hassling around me. I would soon be turning 14. Yet another birthday without my parents and Samuel, but yet another celebrated with my friends.

"Dear Euphemia and Fleamont

It has been a while since my last letter, but I'm afraid school is taking all my time these days, which I don't think will bother you all that much. I can not even start to describe the amount of work a 4th year student must accomplish during the year, but I believe you to have once gone through all of it yourself. I have been doing especially well at Potions, Transfiguration and Charms, but my problems unfortunately lie with Defence Against the Dark Arts, in which I should be a natural by the means of my family...

Sorry for saying that, for I know it must be hard for you to hear that coming from me now, being a part of your family and all. Or at least I hope I am. You have both done so much for me, as has James, that I feel like I belong into your family. Of course if it's not too much to ask for...I know I have already asked so much from you.

Anyway, James keeps on causing trouble with his mates, but all in fair game. Also I don't know if he has wrote much to you two, but there is a certain red-head that has caught his interest, whom you would know as Evans, Lily Evans. My dear friend and he have been bickering almost every day, so just as a heads up, don't be surprised if James asks to invite Lily over during the summer. Which I wouldn't mind at all.

There is one other I would also want to invite to our home for the summer. You both know the Black family and have met Sirius many times...things aren't going great in his family and I fear that he can not take it any longer. I have tried to talk to him...but I believe he also needs support from...adults.

I hope my letter to you, doesn't bring too much burden to you with it. I hope you two all the best and wish for your answer as soon as possible. Although I'm willing to wait, knowing your tight schedule.

Talk to you soon!

Yours dearest

Aurora