Chapter 18. Game

By far had this year been the most stressful school year yet, and it was all due to doing your best at the O.W.L. exams. They would tell you what subjects you should truly pursue and attempt to create a career for yourself with the help of those skills. They would also show you which subjects weren't you best, but that didn't really matter all that much. We all just needed one subject to ace at and that was all we wanted. And this year sure had gone by quicker than it felt like, since it was already spring.

But when the exam week finally was upon us, nothing seemed to be as we had expected when we first heard about the O.W.L.'s. Everything was much more relaxed, since I think all students new, that there was no going back at this point. And everyone truly gave their all. Every day for a week, the fifth year students gathered in the Great Hall, that had been formed into an exam hall, to take one of the exams. And as the week started quicker than anyone expected, it also ended even before anyone was even able to really realise it. And so, the O.W.L's were over, and the only thing that was left was to wait for the results to come public, so we would know if we had failed or not.

But there was something rather important happening right before the results came, and that was of course the last Quidditch game of the season, which just happened to be against the Slytherin's. And this day was one of the highlights in each year at Hogwarts, because no matter from which house you came, everyone gathered at the Quidditch pitch to cheer their favourites. And since the year was about to come to an end, it only increased the excitement of the students.

And even rain and thunder couldn't hold all the students down.

"Aurora!!" James shouted my name through the heavy rain, as he flew towards me with his identical broom.

He looked at me through his glass protectors and grinned at me. "We won't win unless you catch the snitch. What's holding you back?"

"Just worry about your own job, I've got this!" I shouted back in response.

He furrowed his brows and his grin became wider. "You better! We've been here for almost two hours! You better get on with it and do your all!"

And without answering back this time, I quickly went on the move, for I saw the golden snitch flying just past Regulus Black, and there was no way I was going to let him catch it. The game was pretty tight to begin with, and we weren't on the lead that much. We really needed to win this game, for Gryffindor to win the house cup this year, since the Slytherins were on the lead by at least a hundred points.

The rain hit my face aggressively as I flew through the rain without a care, as fast as I could, to get right next to Regulus, who had also seen the snitch, and was now attempting to take it from me. "It's mine, Regulus!" I shouted and moved my body, so that my broom moved closer to Regulus, pushing him further away from the snitch.

"In your dreams!" he shouted back and did the exact same thing to me, almost making me slip off of my broom.

But I didn't let this bother me one bit, but decided to actually give it my all, just like James had told me to do. And while the broom was rather slippery due to all the rain, no bad thought ran through my mind as I swung both of my feet to be on the broom, and shakily and slowly attempted to stand up.

"What in the Merlin's beard are you doing?!" Regulus shouted, watching me with wide eyes as I steadied my broom, grinning at his worried tone.

"Once again the Gryffindor team Seeker is trying to show off her talents in this game, by attempting something rather dangerous in this weather!" the commentator spoke to the speaker, making almost every single pair of eyes turn to see what I was actually trying to do.

But I don't think even I was really ready for what I actually attempted to do before their eyes. I put all my strength to my arms and was finally able to stand up on the broom. I held my breath as I lifted up my head to see where the snitch was actually flying. And since we were flying straight ahead, quite close next to the ground, I new that it was now than never, to actually do this.