Chapter 15. True Colours

The other students gathered around James and I, as they had picked their brooms and all the needed equipment. They stared at us, some of them already familiar, as some of them hoped to impress the team captain with their skills now that they were old enough to play.

"Alright youngsters, you know how this goes!" James began with a voice that carried to everyone listening. "Even if you were on the team last year, doesn't mean you have a spot this year, although I really hope to see some of you on the team! This year has even higher stakes as both the Ravenclaw team and the Hufllepuff have some new very strong players. So if you really want on this team, you better do your all to keep up. Because at the end of the year, we will wind the house cup by winning the last Quidditch game, alright?!"

"Yes!!" the students cheered, making James and I smile proudly.

I turned to face James, to talk about the plan for the try-outs, when I noticed the Slytherin team suddenly appearing to the Quidditch pitch as well. I studied the group for a while, before realising who was leading them, which quite literally made my blood boil.

"What in the Merlin's beard are they doing in here?" I muttered under my breath. This made the very confused looking James turn to the direction my eyes were set on, and he too formed firsts with his hands.

Regulus noticed us as well and a smug expression formed on his faces, as he lead his team towards us. "Well, well, look who we have here," he snarled, making his whole team smirk down on us.

I crossed my arms, and the other Gryffindor students got closer to us as well. "I could ask the same thing, what are you doing here? The pitch is ours during this time," I bit my cheek as I tried to stay as calm as I could.

"Oh no, in that you are wrong," one of the other Slytherin students said.

"And why would I be wrong in something that has been happening for the past 10 years in the history of Hogwarts? It has always been so that the Gryffindor team has this time in the morning to practise," I questioned, starting to loose my patience.

But this made Regulus move a few steps closer to me, and while holding his broom in his other hand, he handed me a small noted. I was a bit suspicious about his intensions but decided to grab the note anyway.

"It's signed by Dumbledore, giving us the permission to have our try-outs now," he quickly said.

"But that can not be possible. Dumbledore himself supports out team and has promised me this time and-"

"It's true James," I sighed in defeat. James face fell immediately as he grabbed the note from me, making my eyes move to Regulus once more.

Oh I really wanted to wipe that smug smirk off of his face. Why was he getting on my nerves so much?! This is just what he wants, to annoy me to the point where I just explode. But I'm not gonna give him the satisfaction of showing how much I just want to kick his sorry ass.

"Well then...I guess we Gryffindors start practising during the shittiest hour of the day now," I sighed and moved my hand over the spot where my broom was on the ground. Without saying the word "up" the broom hovered to my grip, making me hop on it, ready to leave. "But just because you win this round, doesn't mean you will win when in the real game. It's quite hard to fake real talent in something you don't have any change in," I scoffed and turned to look at the other Gryffindors. "We should return back to the school and let these snakes try and attempt on becoming even worse than they already are."

My words made the students smirk a bit after their immense disappointment. But they slowly took all the gear and got on their brooms to follow me on the flight back to school. Even James finally gave up with his will to fight back and hopped on his broom.