Chapter 23. Nothing Has Changed

My feet met the ground as I was walking towards the manor again. I had been with Severus for the past couple of hours, just talking about everything. I was glad that he wasn't mad at me for not keeping my promise about spending time with him during the summer, he seemed to understand this whole situation better than I thought.

We did talk about almost everything, though I didn't reveal him the secret behind my glowing eyes, and that alright with him. I did tell him about the betrayal that he already knew about, just like most of the Slytherin students. He did apologise, which wasn't really necessary at all. He wasn't the one apologise to me.

He did also share some important things with me as well. He told me how he had been the one to tell Sirius and James about Regulus and I's location, and used the situation to his own advantage, which surprised me a bit, but I wasn't angry with him. He told me how Sirius had kept his promise and arranged for him and Lily to be alone for a moment. And he also shared, that even though he had the change to express his feelings to Lily and finally apologise properly, nothing changed.

Lily had kindly rejected his feelings, but instead gave back their friendship. And that was more than enough for Severus. He was happy to even have that from her. He had missed their friendship more than anything and now they were friends again. Although we both know that he can not let his feelings towards her die...not now...not in a long, long time...maybe not forever. He will always feel them towards her.

I made my way inside the manor, walking through the front hall, looking around myself. At first I saw no one at sight, but soon noticed a figure sitting on the staircase. James was looking at me, a certain expression on his face, that told me that he had been waiting for me.

**

*JAMES' POV.*

I just stared at Aurora as she stared at me as well. Her expression was unreadable, and I couldn't figure out how she was truly feeling like, but I knew how I was feeling. "Where have you been?" I asked standing up from the stairs.

But my question only made her take a sharp breath in, as she completely ignore me and started walking towards the other side of the double staircase. "Hey I'm talking to you!" I huffed annoyed and started walking up the steps at the same time as she was. I looked at her from the other side and watched as her expression was getting more annoyed. Maybe if I continue to annoy her, she will finally speak with me.

"You can't give me silent treatment forever!" I tried and walked over to her as we finally made the way to the second floor. I stood right in front of her, stopping her from continuing her way. But her ice cold eyes just stared at me.

"I can if I want to," she finally spoke to me, leaving me stand there on the hallway alone, as she walked into her room.

Small smile appeared onto my face as I knew that this would be the right way to go at it. So I decided to annoy her even more and followed her into her room before she was able to close the door. "Who gave you the permission to come inside?" she huffed annoyed.

I crossed my arms. "This is my house as well; I can go wherever I want to!"

Her expression soon changed, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion, as I had never seen such an expression on her face. She quickly turned around, her back facing me. "You should leave James...now," she huffed in a low tone.

Why was she acting like this? Was this just her plan to make me leave.

But I wasn't going to do that. I wanted to sort this out now!

"I'm not leaving. Where were you?!"

"It's none of your business!"

"Of course it's my business. You disappear for the whole summer, then come back acting all weird and all! And then you don't even talk to me, act like I don't even exist here! You can't just do that to me!!"