Chapter 6. Learning

McGongall looked at me with a questioning expression as I was standing in front of her office table inside the now empty classroom. I blinked my eyes multiple times, waiting for her answer to my puzzling question.

"You made an excellent essay about this when you were gone, why are you so interested in the matter now, if I may ask, Miss Blue," she finally answered.

I sighed and moved closer to the table. "It's just that I'm curious, whether there will be any affection for maybe doing the steps in a different order, or only holding the leaf in your mouth for 27 days instead of 28?"

"You are not going to attempt to become and Animagus, are you not?" suspicious echoed from her voice, almost making me want to give up.

I moved my hands together and looked into her eyes. "No, of course not. It's hardly possible for an experienced wizard to turn into an Animagi, so it would be even harder for a student. But you see, we have the O.W.L.'s next year, and I'm thinking about really giving my all to Transfiguration, for I might want to become a professor in the future," I lied out.

But this seemed to sink in perfectly with her expectations. "Well in that case, of course I'll answer to any of your questions you might have in this matter," she smiled and asked me to sit down, which I easily did.

She waved her wand and then suddenly had a blue coloured book in front of her. "This might be the best book for this matter, we don't use this for teaching anymore, but you can have it for now. It tells you about all the steps and about all the required ingredients on making the potion. But it also has the warnings in it," she started making eye contact with me again. "You see, becoming an Animagus takes a long time. A month only for keeping the leaf in your mouth and then on top of that preparing the potion and making sure that there will be a lightning storm. And even if one is successful with the whole process, I takes a lot of time to be able to turn into an Animagus without ones wand."

"So you must follow all the steps, for it to be successful?"

"Absolutely. Not to mention that every Animagus must be legal, for the Ministry of Magic to be able to keep on eye at you," she explained.

Oh well, rules are meant to be broken.

"But read into it, it's quite fascinating. That's how I became an Animagus during my professor training," she mentioned, handing me the book. I smiled and quickly put it into my bag.

"Well thank you very much professor. Bye now!" I said and was about to leave.

"How has Mr. Lupin been? Okay I assume?" she asked, stopping me on my tracks.

I turned to face her once more, before nodding my head slightly. "He has recovered well, although the trauma is much more worse than what...we expected."

"Naturally yes...I shall have a talk with him when he is ready to return to his studies. And good luck with the Quidditch practise, I'm quite pleased to see our team doing so well."

"Thank you professor," I said and finally took my leave from the classroom.

My feet kept on moving as I was deep in my thoughts about the knowledge I had just gotten from McGonagall. I finally found my way to the Gryffindor common room portrait and smiled at the fat lady. "Scorpion's eye," I muttered at it. She smiled back and simply moved her hand aside, letting me into the maroon colour room.

Some students were doing their homework by the fire and it hardly took me any time to notice my six friends studying in one corner of the common room. I started to make my way towards them and smiled at Lily who was the first one to spot me. "Why did you leave behind? Is everything okay?" she asked, making room for me on the couch. The others finally noticed me as well. I ignored Sirius' eager look and just smiled at Lily.