Part 18: Questions, Questions

SETHOS POV

"Wondrous." I whispered, watching the picture box. I turned to Napana. "So real. This tells what is happening everywhere?"

"It does," Napana nodded. "But it is also a means of entertainment, milord."

"Entertainment?" I repeated. "Ah, the music ones." I turned back to the picture box. "If that's what you wish to call it."

"More than that," Napana shook his head. "There are stories like living plays and competitions as well."

"I saw that!" I snapped my fingers. "I saw two men fighting in a cage. I saw two women fighting in a cage! Glorious." I thought for a moment. "But what are these little shows that show something? It looks like they want you to buy it?"

"Ah, merchants have something called commercials," Napana smiled. "They show one thing they want you to buy. There are so many shops here."

"There is a place in there that does nothing but show things to buy."

"Yes, my lord."

"And news of the day." I said thoughtfully. "I want to go there. I want people to know that I am here now, and things will change." I saw Napana's troubled look. "What is it, Napana?"

"My lord, it--"

"I am Sethos, Lord of--" I stopped talking, distracted by the flash of a gold belt in the picture box. "Isis?" I whispered. "Isis is here?!"

"Well, yes, my lord, she was revived as you were," Napana explained quickly. "That is a picture from the past."

"I look older and she looks...as beautiful as the day I stabbed her," I breathed. 

"She was brought back by slightly different magic, my lord."

"Ah," I nodded. "well, I want this magic." I began to think. She was brought back my magic. "Where was she revived?"

"In a place called America," Napana answered.

"I was brought back in the old temple," I thought aloud. "What--"

"There is a new kind of temple there. She was brought back there, and I think they used her staff."

"Her staff," I breathed. "Her magic, her heka." Watching her fly about and move things, I shook my head. "I don't remember her being able to do that."

"She is empowered now, more than ever."

"Can I do these things?" I asked. "I can still do these things?"

"We believe so, but--"

I concentrated on the chair in the corner and it burst into frame. "HA!" I looked at a hanging on the wall and did it again. "YES!"

"My lord, please!"

I thought for a moment, trying to recall my abilities. If I can set things ablaze, then maybe...I blew the things out like candles. "Miraculous." I went to the mirror. "But she still has youth and beauty-that I will eventually possess-but we must get the staff." I turned to look at the picture box. "A new Kryptonian?" I focused, listening. 

"Tell us, Superman, why we shouldn't be afraid of this Isis." Lois Lane asked.

"She means well, we are sure of that." 

"Then why destroy the British Museum?"  she frowned.

"If you went into a place, and you saw things that you knew belonged to people you knew, including yourself, wouldn't you take them back?" 

Lois shakes her head with disbelief. "But for that to be true, she'd have to be quite old!"

"She is."

"And where did she come from?"

"Much like me, she was kept alive by the sun," he replied. "Much like me, there were those who wanted her back."

"Her name is Isis."

"That is correct."

"Is she a Kryptonian?" Lois asked.

At this point, Superman frowned. "It is a possibility."

"Like you." Lois tipped her chin up, raising her eyebrows.

"But her time was long ago."

"She's alive, so that means her time is also now," Lois said. "She isn't going away?"

Superman took a deep breath. "I do not know, but I know she helped save many people who were trapped during a flood in Africa, and has helped many on the continent since. She has formally apologized for her show of anger in Great Britain." He paused. "We have performed some of the repairs on the building ourselves."

"You and Isis," she nodded. "I see. Is she part of the rumored Justice League?"

Superman blinked.

"Why isn't she here?"

"She is recuperating," he nodded. "Someone tried to capture her for experimentation. She was rescued."

"Interesting," She nodded. "So another hero--or should I say heroine-is among us."  Lois turned to the camera. She was about to say something, but Superman looked away as if hearing something. "Trouble?"

"Sounds like it," he said, but his look said more.

"I guess it is," Lois nodded, looking at the camera. "This is Lois Lane from the DailyPlanet.com."

"Now that was interesting!" I laughed. 

"My lord--?"

"There is something between these two, I could almost smell it," I frowned. "but first, we must find the Staff of Isis."

"We have a few ideas of where it could be."