Part 26: To Sedona

FLASH POV

Looking around the Flying Fox, Batman's aircraft, made me feel like a kid in a candy store. So much I wanted to look at and touch, but not really allowed to. I read the hell out of everything though.

I see smaller craft, too. There was a small jet, a few motorcycles that looked like they were on steroids and a small but equally jacked up race boat. I already knew none of this was for me. I'm fast on my own, right? Still, I'd like toys to play with sometime.

I stand in the cockpit, marveling the tech as the Fox rises over Grand Canyon. For some reason they almost look like they belong together in the mists and shadows. Cyborg is steering the ship from the co-pilot's chair as it slowly moves over the majesty and begins its journey to Sedona. Batman is doing some sort of check. I can see graphics of different craft on board coming up on his screen.

"It is too quiet." 

I look over to see Isis standing behind Batman's pilot seat, gently grasping the leather back of it. She stares ahead. "I can feel him...and others."

Cyborg and Batman share a glance and nod. 

"We're ready," Batman growls. "We will get you to your temple." 

The canyon and greenery suddenly turns into desert and tumbleweeds, completely flat land.  It looks like it stretches forever, but then I find relief in that. Away from the roads now there is barely life in sight. The next thing I see is a city and airport and Batman shoots past.

"Got to get away from people," he mutters, taking a decisive turn deeper into the desert. 

I got it. He was setting the battlefield.

It felt like the calm before the storm, my heart starts pumping, and then, it happens. A visual pops up on the screen.

"Aircraft closing in fast," Cyborg reports from the co-pilot's seat

"Is that Australian?"  I ask, looking at it.

"It's Lex Luthor's, according to my intel," Batman rises and Cyborg takes the chair. "called the Lexwing. Vince?"

"All craft are in bays and ready," Cyborg nods.

"Let's go." 

We get to the bays just in time to see a screen pop up and watch the Lexwing fall out of the sky and in pursuit. Shots are fired, but our forcefields absorb the blows without incident.

"Taking fire at the stern," Cyborg reports over the intercom. "Returning fire in five...." 

"To the transports!" Batman roars. 

"Four..."

I watch Isis, Superman and the Green Guy stand at the bay doors, ready to fly. Batman is on a mortorcycle, but he's got a pack on his back.