Part 13: Aiming for Alcatraz

KAL-EL POV

"Are you sure you want to try this?"

I looked at Cyborg. "I don't think I have a choice, Victor."

"We worked on this almost all night and we really haven't tested it," Cyborg shook his head. "I've never made a lead lined suit before, and we have never tested it."

I looked over at Diana, who was sharpening her sword and looked back at Victor.

"Tonight's a good night."

"Is everyone--" Bruce stopped in his tracks and looked me over. It was hard to tell what his expression was when he wore the cowl, but I did see his jaw tighten and that was enough. "You're going."

"Yes."

"They have kryptonite, Clark."

"They have her, Bruce," I retorted softly. "Gotta get her out of there. She's been in there for twenty-four hours--"

"Aw, man."

We looked to see Arthur show up. Even he was wearing a darker version of his Aquaman suit. "You seein' this?"

"Uh, yeah," Barry nodded quickly. "Victor has been making a lead lined suit for him. Pretty decent job, I think."

"Thanks for your input," Victor said slowly. "Letting me see the specs of your speed suit gave me a lot of good ideas."

"Oh! Uh, anytime," Barry nodded, eating quickly. "For the team, right?"

Victor scoffed, but smiled. "In all my distraction with this latest project, no one told me how we're doing this?"

 "In all my distraction with this latest project, no one told me how we're doing this?"

"Here's the  plan," Bruce began, his voice lower now that he was in his stealth suit. "Archaeologists found out that there were tunnels and rooms underneath the prison. There is a full complex underneath what we see. The good news is that the former site of the Associate Warden and Guard Captain Duplex was torn down and covered over. If we can make a hole in the ground on the side of the island underneath where that used to be we can get into the complex."

"Who is going to get in there?" Barry asked. "Who's going to break in?"

"Way I see it, it's either Cyborg or Supe," Bruce replied simply. 

"I won't be all that quiet," Victor admitted. "I can blast, but that's noisy."

"I can make a hole and do it quietly," I said. It was part of the reason I wanted to go. I knew I could do things quietly. Besides, how often do I get to break into a place for the right reasons?

"I can scan the place, maybe throw off any s including a wellness check method to help determine who may be at risk or risking public healthecurity systems they've got."

"Think you can find her when we get in?"

"I'll follow Kal as he makes the tunnel and start scanning," Victor nodded. "With any luck I may have a location by the time we get in."

"What am I doing?" Barry asked.

"You are going to help Victor knock people out quietly so he can download intel and if we need you to, you can scout ahead if there are any changes in the maps I bought."

"I've never really--"

Victor shrugged. "You can move them to another part of the level we are on or--" he draws a weapon from his holster. "you can move them so we can try out this new tranq gun Bruce gave me."

Bruce nodded in agreement and looked at me. "We will meet you by our entrance. If not we will meet you at the boat dock, which means we are coming out hot."

I wanted to go in with them, but with kryptonite on the island, I was risking alot to just be there to tunnel them in. "And I get her out of there."

"Bring her back here." Bruce said. 

Bruce had some sort of plans for her, I realized. I wasn't sure what he wanted from her, but I was going to be around to make sure he was honorable.

Some time later we stood on the shore in full but stealth gear, looking at Alcatraz from the mainland. What got me was that Batman had it already, "just in case."

"How are we all getting across undetected?" Flash asked. "I mean I can run there."

Batman's car changed into a speed boat. Cyborg got in. 

I took the air, and looked down. 

"You're with me," Aquaman nodded to Wonder Woman, and slammed down his trident. 

"Whoa!" Flash was taken aback

"Whoa!" Flash was taken aback. "Cool."

"Wanna try it?" Aquaman asked.

"Uh, no." Flash shook his head quickly. "I'm good."