Part 6: The New Player

KAL-EL POV

"I don't have all the footage."

I could see Bruce was really trying to figure it out. I was there and I was trying to figure it out myself.

"From what I can see, this mystery woman has heat vision, can blow wind indoors, is capable of flight, and maybe telekinesis." Bruce shakes his head. "Like nothing I've ever seen before." He looks up at me. "I'd think she was Kryptonian except for the telekinesis." He frowned. "Are Kryptonians capable of telekinesis?"

"Telepathy," I shrugged. 

"A Kryptonian ship was discovered in Canada. According to sources, after Zod, it...disappeared?" Bruce quirked an eyebrow.

Bruce and I are friends, but that didn't mean I wanted him poking about a Kryptonian ship--Well, not just yet. "Yes." I replied slowly. "I took it and placed it elsewhere."

"History is in the ship," he pressed. "Files, records of who has come to earth before?"

I swallowed hard. "I don't think they survived."

"Who didn't survive?" Barry arrived in his Flash suit and was out and changed in mere seconds. He looked around sniffing and found pizza. "Somebody loves me."

"Somebody told you to come," Bruce muttered. "Need your energy up."

"Okay." He started eating with two hands. "Hey, Cy."

Cyborg quirked an eyebrow at him as he worked on the computer. "Barry." He gave Bruce a look, and Bruce gave him a look that basically said, Let it go. I smiled at that. Barry wanted friends, wanted to fit in, and a bit badly. But how can you relax when you are on a totally different speed? I understood the boy, I had my time of adjustments too.

"How can you be so sure?" Bruce asked. "And did you even check the records? Did you have time to?"

I tensed. "No--"

"I can access the computer--"

"What?" I felt violated, looking at Cyborg.

"Remember my tech is pretty high," Cyborg blinked. "But this requires a Kryptonian."

"In what way?" Bruce asked.

"There seems to be a panel that requires a Kryptonian DNA scan."

"Then we need to go have a look."

"I don't think she's Kryptonian--"

"Wouldn't your ship's records have more than just your people's?" Bruce asked me. "What if it also has records of other life-other beings?" He turned in his chair when I did not answer. "Knowledge is power. We need to know what we're dealing with."

Though Bruce and I are friends, I can't seem to get past his way of thinking

Though Bruce and I are friends, I can't seem to get past his way of thinking. He tried to kill me because he thought there was a chance I could turn. He decided to chance digging me up and bringing me back from the brink of death and then had the forethought to bring Lois in case I was disoriented. His mind works in a way that unsettles me from time to time. I'm glad we are on the same side, but his "what if" ideas are troublesome.

"What if we all go to the ship," Diana suggested as she walked in. "That way we don't have to stay long and we can search--" She frowned at the screen. "Who...?"

"A new player," Bruce said.

"She looks beautiful." Diana said softly.

"Clark has met her...and chased her--" He put up two fingers. "Twice."

My jaw clenched at that. 

"Tell me about her." Diana pressed gently, looking at me.

"She...has powers like mine." I said slowly.

"And you didn't catch her?" Barry asked.

"No."

"Didn't talk to her?" Bruce frowned at me, then we both noticed Diana had not stopped staring at the screen. "Diana?"

She slowly came out of her trance. "What?"

"Do you know this woman?" Bruce asked.

"I...I don't know."

I watched her. She looked like whatever she was thinking, it was complicated. 

"Don't keep us in suspense," Bruce asked.

"Can you make this bigger?"

"No," Bruce growled. "Museum cameras are low tech. Keeps pixelating."

Cyborg exhales. "Ready to let me give it a try?"

Bruce tried not to show annoyance. "Sending."

"Got it." Cyborg nodded, and began working on it right away.

"What is the problem, Clark?" Bruce pressed. "Need you and Cyborg to be on the computers here while we go to the ship. We're going now." He rose from his chair and turned to me. "Unless there's a problem?"

"Let's find out." I answered flatly. Let's find out if she is Kryptonian. Let's find out if she's something else, which means a human being will find out there's more out there than just them and us.