Part 17: In League

DIANA POV

I was nervous. Any minute she would come out. 

"Are you okay?" Barry asked in between bites.

I nodded and looked at Arthur. He knew as I knew that this Isis was quite real. She was thousands of years old. My mother told me about her, how she helped the Amazons escape the world of men when they were betrayed and attacked by them. 

Kal-El walked into the room with Isis

Kal-El walked into the room with Isis. He certainly kept her close. I wasn't sure if it was because she was a fellow Kryptonian that wasn't an enemy like Zod was or that he liked being close to her. Either way it was nice to see him a little more relaxed of late. Coming back from the dead had changed him and that was possibly another thing he shared with her.

"Good afternoon," Bruce greeted.

"Good afternoon, Bruce," Isis said smoothly. 

Bruce's eyes were still lingering on her nightgown and robe. It was all I brought for her.  He looked around the space. "Introduce yourselves, please?"

"Barry," Barry nodded. 

"Hello."

"Victor," Victor nodded.

She walked over to him. "Are you part machine?" 

"Yes," he nodded. "you can also call me Cyborg."

She touched the human side of his face. "You are Victor. I look into your eyes and see you still have a soul. That's all that matters." She walked over to Arthur. 

"Arthur, King of Atlantis." he nodded and gave a half bow.

"Atlanna's son?" Isis's eyes widened. He chuckled at her. "Oh.." She cupped his face in her hands and he smiled down at her. "Half human?" He nodded in answer and she smiled even wider. "You are so...beautiful!" 

I stepped forward. "Isis." I curtsied and bowed.

"A daughter of Hippolyta, I do not doubt it," Isis shook her head. "but not mortal." 

"Zeus."

"Oh, my," Isis breathed. "are you alright?"

"I'm fine," I nodded.

"So what happened to the Girdle?" she asked, her eyes flashing to where I had left it. "It's--"

"Changed," I smiled. "This around a person will make them tell the truth."

"Oh," Isis didn't like that. "May I try it?"

"No!" Every man in the room said.

"We've had some accidents around here with that thing," Arthur muttered.

She looked at me and we both started giggling. She made me miss my sisters on Themyscira. 

"Sit with us," Bruce nodded to a chair near him.

Kal-El pulled a chair by the table near them so she didn't have to sit by the computer console. 

"Oh!" Isis smiled, sitting. "Thank you."

Barry raised both eyebrows and looked at me, his eyes widening, and directed his attention elsewhere. Victor gave a small smile and shook his head. It was that obvious: Bruce and Kal-El were vying for Isis's attentions.

"Can you tell us what happened?" Bruce asked.

"I came looking for Kal-El." She answered. 

"What happened?" Kal-El frowned.

"Sethos is risen."

"Like Seth?" Bruce asked, clearly not liking this. "The god Seth?"

"Sethos," she stressed the second syllable. "he is the reason for much chaos, always trying to gain more power. He wanted me to be his bride, but I said no, and we fought. We hurt each other badly. My people took me to the pyramid by the river, and then hid Sethos' body because they could not hurt him."

"Kryptonian?"

"Yes." Iris said sadly. "I believe his followers found him and like mine, found a way to revive him."

"How were you revived?"

"Magic and machinery," Isis replied simply.

"There is no such thing as magic," Bruce stated.

"How would you know?" Isis asked. "You don't know the wonders of your own world."

"Tell me one."

"Bruce," Kal-El's voice was lower than usual. "You need our help."

"Yes," Isis nodded. "I was looking for you and this men in a flying machine almost hit me. I took it to the beach and set it down. A man- a captain-said to come with him. I did not want to. I did not trust him. And I was right, he used some rope to capture me. It burned and hurt."

"Green in color?" Bruce asked.

"Yes."

"Kryptonite."

"You told me about that," Isis nodded. "I think Sethos would be weak where this Kryptonite is concerned, as well."

"Sounds valid." Victor nodded. "Where were you?"

"I don't know, but that green rope kept me captive," Isis said with fear. "I couldn't move, and they kept trying to..." Her eyes glistened with tears. "I should go back and destroy it."

"No," Kal-El said.

"Why not?" Isis asked. "They held people captive there, and did things to them."

"People visit that place every day for fun," Bruce nodded. "They are innocent. But those below...they should be reckoned with."

"Yes!"

"No," Kal-El disagreed. "We need to find out more about this place. We need to make sure that there is nothing that can harm the general population."

"But it is surrounded by water!" Bruce and Isis said.

"We must be sure," Kal-El looked Isis. "Would you want innocent people to be hurt?"

"No," Isis replied softly. "I lived with people here, I did not hurt them."

"Thank you."

"So we need intel on the goings on under Alcatraz," I said evenly.

"Working on that," Victor nodded.

"And we need to be ready for this Sethos before he is ready for us." Bruce said with a growl that told me he was readying for battle.

"Agreed." Kal nodded. 

I walked over to Bruce, who was watching Kal, Arthur and Barry talk to Isis. "What is it, Bruce? I know that look."

"You know her."

"Her name is celebrated in Themyscira, yes," I replied, looking at her. "She and Athena helped the Amazons escape when they were betrayed by man. They helped establish Themyscira."

"Hmm."

"Bruce, she is not an enemy."

"She isn't." Bruce exhaled. "but this Sethos. I don't like him already."

"I've heard of him," I told Bruce grimly. "You shouldn't."