Part 5: The Palace of the Past

ISIS POV

Hototo was far more obedient at times.

I wanted to see technology from today. Chinzari had told me about it, but when I asked questions he kept saying how much rest I needed. I wanted to see for myself. I needed to. 

I waited for Chinzari to go meet the Hopis. He said he would be gone for days, and I knew now Hototo would not have him to tell him what to do. I would tell him what to do now and he could not defer to Chinzari, whom I felt I owed my life and respect to.

Hototo brought me something called a TV and laptop. It seemed as if every machine he let me see had a tail for energy or complex machines inside them to make them work. I watched him connect. 

"I understand some language, but not all," I told him as I looked at the TV and looked down at the laptop buttons. "Where is the stone?" 

"The stone?"

"The Language Codex?" I watched Hototo look very uncomfortable. "I understand I have been gone. I will not punish you for what has happened. Where is the Language Codex? Where are the books?"

I watch Hototo cringe. "They were taken."

"Taken?"

"By England," Hototo answered. "The British?"

"Who are they?" 

"One kingdom that invaded other lands unified to became one--"

"Like the Romans and Greeks," I frowned. "Even before my slumber, I could see they wanted everything they could get their hands on."

Hototo shook his head. "Not exactly." He began to look fearful. "They are one of the richest and most powerful countries--"

"Standing on the shoulders of Egypt and other lands, no doubt," I nodded. "This Britain-United Kingdom-they stole from Egypt?"

"They discovered much and wanted to learn." 

"They found things and took them," I corrected. "And what of our things?"

"They are on display."

"Display?" I repeated. "Like animals in a zoo?"

His gaze dropped to the floor. "Yes, goddess."

"Where?" I asked softly. When Hototo didn't respond, I asked, "WHERE?!" 

"The British Museum," Hototo swallowed hard. "A palace to the past."

"A palace of education made of stolen lives and knowledge," I bit out. "Take me there."

"My goddess--"

"Do not make me look for it myself," I warned, pointing at him. "I promise I will blaze a path for all to see if you don't." 

*************

Flying the world is an experience. I could tell there was much that had changed and much to see, but right now I had something else to do. I landed with Hototo and straightened my new age clothes. I was in a white tuxedo, as Hototo called it. The only thing I still wore was the crown and necklace I was laid to slumber with.

We walked inside and he led me to the Egyptian Exhibit. It was a house of horrors.