Chapter 9: Christmas Kiss

I enter the Hawthorne's home once again for a dance. This time for Christmas.

Guests have seemed to stick the theme of Christmas colours. Red, Green, White and Gold dotting the area.

Tinsel and lights aligns the walls all around this one room. Making it brighter and more cheerful.
For once I am happy to be here, knowing my boyfriend is making an appearance like normal.
I intend to meet up with him once tonight. Since I deserve some happiness on this Christmas night. I shall avoid the seat I always sit on tonight.

Instead of the usual back dress, I wear my favourite colour tonight. Green. I see many people wearing long gowns but, to please Peeta, I went ahead with a short fronted dress but it flows to a long length at the back. Different shades of green blend together as shell pieces climb diagonally up my chest to create one single strap on my right shoulder.  I love it so much.

Soon I see his hair. I turn my head every degree before slowly running up it him and hugging him from behind.

"Katniss?" He asks and I let him turn to face me. "Wow! You look amazing!"

"Thanks sweetie." I reply and giggle. Where did that nickname come from?

Peeta leans in towards me and we share a quick peck on the lips. I see Peeta smirking as we separate and I look up to see him holding mistletoe. I quietly laugh.

"Oh I love you." I murmur and kiss him again. He gets rid of the mistletoe and brings me as close as he can get my body to his.

He holds my waist before he tilts his head and his lips make contact with my neck. I make room
for his head to move and smile. Peeta continuously pecks my neck and heads up to my jaw. He kisses my jaw from one side to another and then goes over my face.

"Peeta." I murmur as he kisses my face. "Peeta." I say more seriously and he breaks away, slightly concerned. "No more." I say and he pouts at me.

"But I want to kiss you." He retorts and I frown.

"I know you do. I do too but -" I say back but he breaks in.

"Please Katniss. I want to kiss you." He begs. "Please." He continues to beg, trying to get me to give in. He ends up winning the fight.

"Okay. One more." I say and we share another kiss. I glance around making sure no one is watching us. Everyone is engrossed in conversation.

"I got you this." He starts and hands me a small black box wrapped in silver ribbon.

"Oh Peeta, you didn't have to give me anything." I say and he strokes my cheek.

"I wanted to." He answers and I looks into his love filled eyes. "Go on, open it." I look down and slowly open the lid.

The world then abruptly stops. I opened the box to reveal a beautiful necklace with a silver key. The opposite end to the blade has a heart. I gasp and place my hand over my mouth.

"Oh Peeta." I exclaim quietly. Peeta carefully slides it out from the box and unclips it. He wraps it around my neck and clips it with a smile. He gently grabs my hair and let's it flow over the chain.

"You hold the key to my heart." He states and I hug him.

"I feel really bad because I haven't got you anything." I state after some silence.

"You already gave me something. You gave me you. I couldn't ask for anything better this Christmas." I smiles, tears building up and kiss his cheek.

"I love you." I state.

"I love you too." He replies.

                                         MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

(DRESS AND NECKLACE TO THE SIDE!)