Chapter 89

A/N: This arguably the worst chapter of this book, even for me the author.

Song for chapter: Paralysed By NF

Lucky

     I watched Moustapha pace back and forth. His left arm was tucked under his armpit, his right arm was up, his fist pressed under his chin further revealing how agitated he was. We had just gotten home from the hospital. Mummy was indeed home. She had rushed up to give me a hug and started interrogating Moustapha about the bills, the receipt, if I'd been given any medication and when they said I would get my stitches off. In case you were wondering, it was six stitches. I was already dreading the scar it would leave and conjuring what i would have to tell people when they asked about it.

"The situation can't be that bad." I sighed, throwing a hand up.

"I saw the way he looked at you. And I'm going to lose sleep thinking of it..." He tsked, cupping his head with the hand that had been under his chin.

"I saw it too. But it's not the first time a man's looked at a girl my age that way, there are a lot shameless people scattered everywhere." Despite my words, I was actually quaking on the spot. The Honourable's existence was now a reality for me. With the stories I'd heard from Ugo, I was always terrified of this individual but then he was like a myth I was sure I would never encounter. But I was pretty sure Moustapha was much more scared that I was. "I'm probably never going to see him again."

Moustapha stopped walking and turned to face me. "Are you sure about that?" He then came to join me sitting on the bed. "Ebiketon wasn't the only one with wicked intentions in his eyes. Your father had something in his eyes too."

I furrowed my brows. "What are you talking about?"

"Your father isn't doing well with his company. He's sinking. Last I remember, before getting his charges to disappear while he was arrested, your grandfather told him if he got him out, and didn't get his act together with the company, he was going to have to step down as chairman for him. Your father said right his face - I was there with them - I would rather die. Your grandfather didn't care, that was the deal." He shifted in his position. "Ebiketon is an investor; the hottest in the state. Your father knows that."

"Okay, I don't know how business works but I know my father's been looking for an investor pretty much the entire year. I know because of the phonecalls and dinners he makes us attend with him. If the investors before didn't want in, why are you so certain this man will."

"Your father's reputation was sullied and no clean businessman wants to have anything to do with someone who lacks ethics. But Ebiketon is not a clean businessman. He is a criminal and criminals do not care about business ethics." He was gesticulating rapidly and I had to struggle to keep up with his explanations. The more he talked, the higher my pulse rose. "You may or may not follow these things and It's not your fault. But I'm in the military, so I know things of this world you don't know. Plus it's kind of hard not to when your foster parents are executives." He was referring to himself. Grandma was the state's attorney, and grandpa a major-general. Grandpa loved and trusted Moustapha so much, he told him everything and took him everywhere, he always kept him at arm's length. And Moustapha was just as eager to grow by his side. Cliche as it sounded, Moustapha was the son grandpa always wanted.

"Listen to me, this man has been known to take child brides."

"My father is not going give me to some disgusting pedophile to save his business!" I actually shouted. Moustapha gave me a look that told me he knew even I didn't believe that. He was right.